Pages

.

.

Saturday 8 May 2010

Domi's Wedding Challenge at Simon Says - and a few others!

Hi all
Oh my word it is sooooo cold here today - I hope you are warmer wherever you are in the world!!
So onto my card for today's post.  I noticed that the lovely Domi is soon to marry her fiance Uli and that Lorraine at Simon Says decided to do a challenge to make a wedding card for the both of them and post it off.  So I had a digi stamp in mind to use and set to work.
I used the current sketch at Moving Along With The Times which I have shown below:
I have made the area for the image a little bigger as I have used Die Cuts recently purchased from Die Cut Dreams, so here is the card I made:
The backing paper is from a Papermania pad called Exquisite and I thought it was just right.  The image I have used is called Jr Bride and Groom and is from Judy at Digi Doodle Shop.  I used watercolour pencils to colour in the groom apart from his shoes where I used a Sakura Gelly Glaze pen so as to make them look shiny. 
For the bride I used promarkers for the bouquet and her hair and watercolour pencil for the dress.  I only coloured the crease lines in the dress and head dress as I just wanted a hint of colour - like the sun catching the material.  I cut out the image and embossed it on the back to make it stand out a little and then fixed it to the white die cut panel with silicone.  I also used silicone to attach the white die cut panel to the lemon one and then added a small lemon bow at the top.  I used white and lemon flowers in opposite corners and two yellow flower gems at the other opposite corners.  I am quite pleased with how it turned out in the end and I hope Domi and Uli like it.
The other challenges I shall enter this card into are:
CRAFT Challenge - Wedding/Birthday
Charisma - All about Weddings
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - Anything Goes
As always it would be nice to know what you think of it so please leave me a comment and let me know.

12 comments:

  1. Spotted your card above mine on some challenges so had to hop over to say what a lovely card. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is just gorgeous :-) The image is adorable and I love your colouring :-) perfect ! love the papers and embellies too ,, Domi will love this card :-)



    thanks for joining in the wedding Cards for Domi Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cold isn't it! I went out with a roll neck, coat, gloves and hat this afternoon! As for your card, it is so cute, I love the image. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrr its freezing here today too. Love card its brill. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card you did Dawn!!!
    Here isn´t warm either, it´s very cold and I don´t like it...! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, love that image. Stop by my blog I have a surprise for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card. Thank you for joining in with my sketch challenge this week at MAWTT xx Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, what a cute image
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn

    This is just perfect hun, love the cute image, great colouring too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card and I'm sure Domi will love it! Great image and colouring too. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.