Pages

.

.

Thursday 29 April 2010

Birthday card for my friend.

Hi everyone,
Just a quick little post to show you a card I made for a friend of mine whose birthday it is today!  Happy Birthday Kerry.  Kerry has two Rhodesian Ridgebacks (dogs, in case you didn't know) and they are both perfect gentlemen.  Dylan is the eldest and the Boss and then there is Mally - oh my, he is several years younger than Dylan and as big as him already - boy is he going to be a big dog!
Anyhooo, as I said today is Kerry's birthday so I just had to make her a card with a dog on it.  And what better dog than one from Karen's Doodles called "I didn't do it!"  So here is the card I made for her:
I used the sketch from Sketch and Stash and I have shown this below:
I coloured him in using my Promarkers and matted the image onto brown card.  I used a brown DP from a Once Upon A Time paper stack and used a contrasting burgundy paper from the same pad for the bottom piece. 
I added a piece of glittery pom pom thread because it was a bit different from my usual ribbon. 
I sponged a cream scalloped circle in burgundy ink and then added a Happy Birthday sentiment in darker Burgundy Ink. 
I added a handmade flower using vellum.  I cut out several flower shapes with my cuttlebug, then sponged a contrasting ink at the edge of the petals, then I sprayed this with hairspray to seal it but of course hairspray onto vellum is quite wet so I dried it off using my heat gun and the shapes went a little warped but I decided to leave them as they were and then layer them up using silicone glue and added a flat back half pearl in the middle.  I also used the same flat backed pearls on the top right of the card.
I will enter this card into the following challenges:
Karen's Doodles - Animal Magic
Sketch and Stash - sketch 34
One Stitch at A Time - Flowers
Die Cut Dreams - Make your own flowers
Sew Many Challenges - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenge - Flowers
Thanks for stopping by, and please remember to leave me a comment, I really enjoy reading them.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Kerry will absolutely adore this card it is super hun.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is cute, great image and a lovely flower too, thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!!! Great image!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love your vellum flower! This is my fav KD image! I have 4 dogs and one is a toy and pillow un-stuffer !I'm sure your friend will love this! Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles Uk! Viv

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are so cute ! I love the vellum flowers. Using hairspray sounds like a great idea. I like your clever solution to a hairspray-wet flower. Smart and artistic. Good combination.
    Barbed1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, great image, coloured beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at SMC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely Dawn, thanks for joining us at DCD>
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, what a cute card. your friend is going to get a chuckle out of it for sure :o) I have this image to, sadly I have not had time to use it. Love your coloring, I will have to remember how you colored him for insperation.

    Good luck on the challenge and thank you for sharing with us this week at Sew Many Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that image Dawn, everytime I see it, it reminds me of our stupid dog BOB. He's a alsation x labrador and he's a lump and a half...and stupid to boot bless him. Between him and Wizz our female staffy they've destroyed the old yellow pages today. They nabbed it and went into the garden with it, so I now have loads of shredded yellow paper everywhere..ho hum!!
    ANyway thanks for sharing this great card with us here at OSAAT and I'm sure your friend will love it.
    Take care
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! that image is too cute and I have a dog that would fit..lol thanks for playing along at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fantastic flower. Thank you so much for entering DCD this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This has got to be one of my favourites of Karen's images. Your card is lovely, great colouring and yes, your flower is fab
    Thanks for playing along with KDUK
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Dawn
    Fab card, great detail
    Thanks for joining us at KD UK and Good Luck
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, this is gorgeous Dawn! Love that image and the flower too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh this is just gorjus,love the colurs you have used thanks for joining us at OSAAT hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute card and your choice of image and colours is great. Love the flower! Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Dawn

    this is absolutely gorgeous, your colourwork on the image is fab. Thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles UK

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge with your beautiful card, Your handmade flowers are gorgeous.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and colour combo, your image and handmade flower are gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a lovley card hun im sure your friend loved it, thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card, love the image you chose :-).
    Thanks for joing us this week on KDUK.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT. x Clare (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.