Pages

.

.

Sunday 30 May 2010

Challenge 35 at Creative Inspirations.......

.............. is stitching - faux or real.  We have two fabulous sponsors for this challenge, firstly we have Whimsy Stamps and secondly we have the fabulous Glitterbabe.

Well, sewing is definitely not my strong point so I went for the easy option and chose faux stitching.  I chose to make a card for my SIL's birthday which is on 1 June.  I chose an image from Bugaboo because I am really into their images at the moment.  So here is the card I made:
And a close up of the image:
For the backing papers I chose a stripy paper from a Daisy and Dandelion pad called Picnic Patch and then added four triangular papers from a Hot Off The Press book called Tag Art.  I added a small flower using two flower shapes which I cut out with my Cuttlebug and added a pearlised flower shape which I think I recycled from a shop bought card I received a while back.
I am quite pleased with how it turned out and might just use this faux stitching effect again on future cards. 

4 comments:

  1. Ha! What a hilarious and gorgeous card! Love the paper and quilt design! I really struggle with sewing too...your faux looks perfectly real!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great close up of that flower! Very shiny! Love the paper. Fantastic card. I love using stitching on cards, but I too am not the best at it! Your card looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there

    Thank goodness for faux stitching, still haven't got my machine out or even understand it!!!! Great card hun.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol this made me laugh (and think of you !!!lol) Its blooming brilliant
    Hugs Susie xx
    ps you guessed right but they might have to be the week afters candy as they are not shipping till friday so not sure if I'll have them in time :( xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.