Pages

.

.

Sunday 12 September 2010

Totally Tilda says "Make Your Own Flowers"

Hello my Tilda loving friends, I hope you are all well.
Well it is Sunday again and that means it is time for another challenge over at Totally Tilda but before I give you the details I would just like to say thank you for all your wonderful Lilac and Lace entries for the last challenge.  Boy is it hard to choose a top 3 out of all the fabulous creations we have seen over the last fortnight.  Stop by the Totally Tilda blog to see if you were our lucky winner or one of our Top 3.
So, onto the next challenge and this time the challenge is as the title of the post says, Make Your Own Flowers.  If you've never made your own flowers there are alot of tutorials out there on places like You Tube and Splitcoast Stampers - you'll be amazed at some of them.
So here is the card I made for this challenge:

You will notice that I have used the Oriental Tilda from the Bon Voyage collection so it was only fitting that I made a Water Lily to go with it and I found the tutorial on You Tube although once I had seen the tutorial it was pretty much common sense - takes you right back to your childhood making things like this!!
The ribbon down the side was from Crafty Ribbons as are most of my ribbons.  The little pink butterfly was cut from a Butterfly ribbon again from the same place which I won in one of their Freebie Fridays - check my post here for some details of how you could win £50 to spend at their store!!

My image was coloured with promarkers, Sakura Gelly Glaze pens and watercolour pencils. 

Please remember to stop by the rest of the DT blogs and see what fabulous inspiration they have to show you too - you won't be disappointed.  So what are you waiting for, get your creativity flowing and get those flowers made but most of all have fun.  Don't forget, your card must include our Tilda on it somewhere or you won't be eligible to win our fabulous prize.  Good luck.
I will enter this card into the challenge at:
Fab n Funky - What'eva

10 comments:

  1. Wow hun what a fabulous flower and perfect for the Japanese theme - love it.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whole theme and your handmade flower finishes it off perfectly. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, just beautiful, loving your flower and the black/pink colours xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Dawn wow that Water Lily flower is gorgeous fab Tilda & colour combo love it.


    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Tilda is sooo cute I love the colour and really like that flower!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn your card is beautiful hun, love your flower, the ribbon, the papers and of course sweet Tilda, it's all gorgeous
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh love this tilda and the flower you have made is just perfect hugs cheryl xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love the colours and the papers. And the water lily is just beautiful. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzas Dawn this one is to die for! Love the rich dramatic colors!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that flower, it is so soft!! I just wanna reach out and touch it!! Of course the rest of your card if fab. Great DP!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.