Pages

.

.

Thursday 9 September 2010

A Gift for my Teacher - Softpencil Thursday DT Card

Thursday once again and time for another Softpencil Thursday.  As I told you last week Elizabeth has just released a set of back to school images and this week we are showcasing another of those wonderful images.  This one is called A gift for my Teacher and you can buy it here.
Here is my card:
I used Elizabeth's fabulous image and coloured it with my promarkers, hope you can see the shading on the apple. 
I decided to make it a thank you card for a teacher and used one of the fabulous word die cuts from Die Cut Dreams. 
I used a pale green chalk and then edged it with sponging using red chalk ink,which I also used on the die cut backing for the word.  I added a red ribbon and a couple of red flowers to the die cut. 
I used a wide red ribbon which I adhered to the striped backing paper which was from a Papermania capsule collection and added a little green heart gem to the centre of the flower.

Remember to stop by the rest of the fabulous DT blogs and see what they have to show you, you won't be disappointed.
I will enter this card into the challenges at:
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Animal Crackers
Bee Crafty - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. oh hun this is just gorgoues wow that apple looks good enough to eat just love it hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - I love the shading on the sentiment! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling image for back to school! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Dawn, love the text!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn

    I love it and the word die is fabulous.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, this is way too cute for words! So adorable, coloring is great, yes I can see the shading.

    Hugs,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my dawn what a fabulous card the image, colours and design is gorgeous I so love the shape you have used for the sentiment great card hun.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Dawn!!! I love your card! that die-cut is perfect as well as your coloring. I love every detail on your card! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.