Pages

.

.

Sunday 5 September 2010

A quick challenge entry!

Hi all, hope you are having a lovely weekend.  My former team mate Suzanne has recently started her own challenge blog called Let's Ink It Up and they are now on to their second challenge which is to make a tag - with a twist that it must be vintage.  So because I want to support her in what she is doing I stopped everything else and made a Tag which for me is rare because they are not my favourite and to top it all I'm not that keen on vintage - so Suzanne my friend this is just for you!!
I have used a rubber stamp that I have had in my stamp drawer for several years now and I think the stamp alone is vintage.  I stamped it in embossing ink and then used a pearlescent chalk over the top.  The backing paper is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Christmas. 
I added a sentiment using a rubber stamp from Clarity Stamp which again, because of the script, I think looks vintage.  I went all round the edge of the tag with a gold and cream fibre.  I added a couple of stick on embellishments which came from, yes you guessed it, some vintage stickers I have had for yonks...
and a gold snowflake eyelet and threaded some cream ribbon with gold edging through to finish off the tag.

14 comments:

  1. Wow what a gorgeous tag, I love the colours you've used, the stamping is gorgeous too!! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink it up and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy this is stunning Dawn, love the soft colours. Thank you so much for playing at Let's Ink It Up.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn
    This is beautiful you are so good at these dont know why you dont like them. love the choice of colours and that great image of santa.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hun this is simply stunning,really love what you have created here hun god really gonna,miss you at creative inspiration,s hun love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an wonderful tag. Love the Santa. Thanks for playing along with Let's Ink It Up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza Dawn, this is a gorgeous tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful . Love the colours. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. it 's really beatiful , the colours ar so elegant , well done
    hugssssss
    helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn, thank you so much for your write up you are a great friend, I truly appreciate it. Although as you say not your fav challenge you have done a fantastic job, I love it, everything about it, so elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, Your Christmas tag is stunning. I love the image, and your colours.
    Great Job!!!

    Thank you for playing with us on the LET'S INK IT UP challenge. Good Luck!

    Hugs,
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tag!!! Just perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up!!

    Hugzzz
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fabulous tag! So Pretty! If you haven't already heard of Papercraft Star or joined in the challenges there yet, you may want to consider entering some of the exciting and varied challenges. The challenges are posted way in advance so you have plenty of time to enter and the public/participants also vote for thier favorites...not to mention there are great prizes to be won! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.