Pages

.

.

Monday 20 September 2010

Die Cut Dreams - Dig out Your Vellum!

Well Monday again and you know what that means - YAY!! Time for another challenge at Die Cut Dreams.  Firstly though let me say a huge big thank you to all those who entered our Sweet Little Girls challenge, oh boy I never realised that there were so many sweet little girlie digi's out there!!  Stop by the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog and see if you were our lucky winner or one of our fabulous Top 3!  Thank you also to our sponsor for last week - the wonderful Wendy aka Louby Loo from Digital Delights.
So onto this week's challenge which is to use Vellum on your creation.  You can use it in any way you wish - the only limitation is your imagination.  If you need some inspiration remember to stop by the Challenge blog and have a look at the awesome creations my team mates have come up with - and do I mean Awesome!!
Well, here is the card I made for this challenge:
This technique is called the Stained Window effect and I found the tutorial at SplitCoastStampers here - which is where I go for alot of my inspiration - well worth a visit.
First off you stamp your image onto a piece of vellum and then emboss it with clear embossing powder, (or you could use an embossing ink pad and emboss with dark embossing powder - your choice).  Then you colour your image on the reverse. 
Then adhere it to your project so that the raised embossed side is facing you.  I added a red frame and gold peel off's to make it look like a picture frame.  I added a fabulous die cut from my favourite Die Cut store - Die Cut Dreams and added a green polka dot bow.  I finished off with three red gems at the top and three green gems at the bottom.  Quite a clean and simple card but I think it looks quite effective!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dawn it really makes the pansies pop out beautiful colours.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again,

    What an amzing effect and such a beautiful image.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is lovely! Really beautiful. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another classy elegant card lovley colours darling
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Dawn, the poppies really stand out.

    pamela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so pretty Dawn.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.