Pages

.

.

Sunday 5 September 2010

Creative Inspirations Challenge #42 - My last DT card

Well another fortnight rolls on by and it is time once again for another challenge at Creative Inspirations.  Firstly, what a fabulous turnout for our last challenge - thank you to all those who entered.  Remember to stop in at the challenge blog and see who the lucky winners were.
So on to the next challenge - and this time the challenge has been set by ME!  I love to see your creativity out there in blogland so for this challenge I want to see a Shaped Card - no squares or rectangles.  I have seen some awesome creations in the past so I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with - mind you there is a down side - I have to pick a top 3 so be kind to me!!
Sadly this is my last DT card for Creative Inspirations as I have decided to step down from the DT after this challenge.  You know how it is sometimes - there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done.  I work full time and am on five other DT's apart from this one, I work full time and I have a home to run so sadly something had to give - now I did think about letting the house go to rack and ruin and starving my DH and DD but that just didn't feel right somehow! LOL
I would just like to say a huge big thank you to Jude for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the DT at Creative Inspirations and I know we will keep in touch through the RAK club hun.  Thanks also to the rest of the DT for giving so much inspiration when frankly sometimes mine was lacking.
OK, on with the challenge and here is the card I made for it:
I thought this little chap looked so sad I just felt it fitted in with a "Sorry I forgot your birthday" card.  I stamped a flower image in embossing ink on the dark blue die cut and then chalked over them with pearlescent chalks (if you look hard you can see them - honest).
Here's a little close up for you:
Our sponsor for this challenge is Fantastic Ribbons who are offering our winner a bumper bag of mixed buttons.
So remember to stop on by the DT's blog - including all the new members - for some inspiration - there are some awesome cards on show - especially the lovely little teapot!!
So off you go and get creating and most of all - have fun.
I shall enter this card into the challenges at:
A Crafty Little Place and Bee Crafty- Anything Goes

Recipe:
Die Cuts - Die Cut Dreams
Image - Motivet
Sentiment - computer generated.
Flowers - stash

9 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Oh this is so super, love the sad kitten and great shaped card hun.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn
    Wow fab card love those flowers great choice of colours and fab image with the text.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, your card is super sweet! Love that flower work! Thanks for playing along with us at ACLP! Be sure to check out Tuesday's new challenge; hope to see you play again!! Nicole xo ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card!! Love the fun shape!! Thank you so much for sharing it with ACLP!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hun,you left is with a fab challenge and you certainly went out with a bang hun,take care sweetie love hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Who could get mad at this little kitty Dawn? What a sweet card and just the perfect sentiment to go with it. Thank you for joining us at ACLP & Bee Crafty for our Anything Goes challenge!
    ~*Joni ACLP & Bee Crafty DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet yet sad little image. Wonderful belated card. You did a great job coloring.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your so welcome hun.What a fantastic challenge and card to go out on!Boy you will have a hard time with the winner and top 3 better you than me .Mind saying that im working my way through 145 projects from last challenge!
    Keep in touch hun and wishing you all the best!
    love n hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! Such a cute little kitten! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.