Pages

.

.

Saturday 11 September 2010

Oldie but a Goodie!

Just had to let you know about a new challenge blog called Oldie but a Goodie.  The idea behind it is to use your old stamps (more than 6 months old) and enter a creation into their challenge following the theme set every other Tuesday.  Now my fellow teamie at DCD Tracy is on their DT so I just had to support it now didn't I?  So I became a follower and thought I'd enter a card into their first challenge.
The theme for this first challenge is New Beginnings so I thought I'd make a Wedding Card and here it is:

I used a stamp I have had in my stash for several years - but it doesn't get out much!!  I didn't want to use too much colour so I used watercolour pencils and just used very faint colours with darker shades on the "crease lines" of the clothes. 
I added a flower corsage to the left hand side and stamped Congratulations (another stamp I've had for years!!) at the bottom.  Oh yes, I used one of the large circular die cuts that you can buy at Die Cut Dreams - what would I do without you Susie???  Now I used an ink pad to colour the larger die cut because I wanted it to be burgundy and I only had pink (hope you don't mind Susie!!)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful hun, love the subtle colours and the flower arrangement is perfect.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is gorgeous Dawn. A great image and a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
    Thank you for joining us for the first challenge at Oldie but a Goodie.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dawn this is gorgeous love the flower spray.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow hun this is just gorgoues,love the flower spray on here hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at Oldie But A Goodie and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous - really beautiful. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card,thankyou for joining us on our 1st challenge at an oldie but a goodie
    love n hugs
    liza
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining and supporting Oldie But A Goodie’s first challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.