Pages

.

.

Thursday 15 July 2010

Softpencil Thursday - Frog House

Well, Thursday's seem to come round so quickly these days - it is time for another Softpencil Thursday.  This week we have used one of Elizabeth's new images called "Frog House" (available at the Softpencil store) as the main image for our cards.
I decided to make a round card for this challenge as it fitted in with the challenge at Sketch and Stash and their sketch which I have shown below:
So, here is the card I made:
I have used Frog House as my main image and I have surrounded that image with little bugs from another of Elizabeth's sets called "Bichitos".  I just thought they were so cute I couldn't resist using them on this card.
There are six images in all in the set but I have only used four here.  The backing papers I have used are both from Papermania Capsule packs, one called Sunshine and one called Verde.
All the flowers were from my stash, most of them recently purchased from Craftee.  I'm quite into these shaped cards at the moment - so please let me know what you think.
I will also enter this card into the challenges at:
Ann's Creative Nook - Anything Goes
Bee Crafty - 3D (All my images are raised on silicone and my flowers add depth)
Craftalicious - Cute
Craftycardmakers - Photo Inspiration (I went with the colours which looked  yellow and green on my PC)
Creatalicious - 3D
Flutter by Wednesday's - layers and butterflies or angels
Sweet Stampin - Things with wings
Wild Orchid Challenge - Say it with flowers

25 comments:

  1. a really stunning card,gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured and emebellished

    thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute Dawn! I love the colors and your flower embellishments are always fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card. Love the circle shape and those images are so cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love this image - it's sooo cute! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! What a great idea adding the Bichitos images!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Dawn, lovely images!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh! I actually gasped when I saw your card! Just so stunning and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the photo inspiration! Love that image! And adore the fact that it is a circle! I've just done one myself as of late!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the photo inspiration! Love that image! And adore the fact that it is a circle! I've just done one myself as of late!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just adorable.. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so lovely! I really like this card...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card in beautiful colours and lovely embellies! Thanks for joining our first challenge at WOC - good luck!
    Hugs, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dawn, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is adorable!! thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable!!! Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!

    Glad you liked your goodies and that they arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dawn

    Beautiful card, love the shape and colours.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am reading from reader and have to come over to leave you with an affirmation...yes! it is beautiful. the color, the image, the dp, the embellies and the layout.. Great creation Dawn, keep it up.
    hugs, heaney

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eek! So adorable! I love the sketch, flowers, and image - so, so, cute!!!! Thanks so much for playing at Bee Crafty.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. absolutely stunning.. thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card! Love all of the flowers!
    Thanks for playing at Creatalicious this month,
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an amazing card...I just love the shape, and your coloring is magnificent!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this is lovely I love the citrus colours and that frog is a cutie too
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is so gorjuss, love all the details that you have used and the colours are fab, well done and thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.