Pages

.

.

Thursday 22 July 2010

It's Softpencil Thursday - Thinking of You

Well, it's Thursday and you all know what that means don't you???? That's right it's time for another Softpencil Thursday.  This week we are using another one of Elizabeth's digital sentiments, don't you just love the way the image is already with the sentiment - so easy to use!  These sentiments are done in three languages, Dutch, Spanish and English - why not pop over to the Softpencil blog and click on the "store" tab at the top of the page and have a look at an amazing array of Elizabeth's fabulous images, sentiments and digi papers together with designs done by her multi-talented sister. 
So without further ado, here is the card I made using the "Thinking of You" digital sentiment (in English):
Because there is a large expanse of background to colour I decided to colour this image in digitally in my paint shop programme and then I went over the hair and the grass with promarkers.
I decided I wanted the sentiment to be the prominent thing on my card and because they are so wonderful I just used one piece of DP as a background, and used a piece of wide lemon ribbon across the middle and tied it in a bow.  I added a yellow rose on the middle of the bow and secured it with a pearl nob pin.
Please pay a visit to the rest of the Softpencil team and see what fabulous inspiration they have to offer you, I know you won't be disappointed.
I will also enter this card into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Cutie Patootie
Stamp Something - Something Digital

9 comments:

  1. Yummy card, Elizabeth is sooo lucky to have you.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Dawn and what a great bow!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab layout hun, loving the idea of colouring in digitally never thought of that.

    Hope you are well agent 2 1/2

    hugs agent brown

    hope you can join us on the blog hop and Sarah's new challenge.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful card! Love the image too! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week! Hugs Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute. What a cool idea to color it digital and then go over it with markers. I've never thought to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUch a pretty card - that bow and flower embellishment is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn, this is gorgeous!!! Love the pretty ribbon bow and the pin. I brought a few pack of the pretty pins but I never know what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration, I'll definitely try them out on my projects. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card!
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.