Pages

.

.

Thursday 8 July 2010

Softpencil Thursday - Digi Sentiments

Hello all,
Time once again for another Softpencil Thursday.  This week we were given some of Elizabeth's Happy Birthday Digi Sentiments to work with.  These come in three languages and are available for purchase at Elizabeth's store.  I have only used the English one for my card which also features another Softpencil image - Girl on a Cupcake as I thought this fitted with the sentiment.
Both the sentiment and image were coloured using promarkers and watercolour pencils and for the icing on the cupcake I used Liquid Pearls in Pastel Raspberry.  I cut out the image and adhered her to a die cut from Die Cut Dreams with silicone glue.
I decided that as I had seen so many Criss Cross cards this week I would have a go at one myself and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. 
The papers I have used are from Crafts House and are called Tutti Frutti - aren't they gorge!!  I printed out the sentiment and after colouring it in was just going to stick it to the backing paper.  then I found a ready made tag - so coloured the background with a pastel green promarker and stamped little yellow flowers all over it as a background then stuck the sentiment onto this instead and added a lemon ribbon to the corner of the tag.  I stapled a piece of contrasting card to the inner and covered the staple with a die cut flower and added three pastel ribbons to finish off.
I hope you like my creation and remember to visit all the other DT members at Softpencil (I will get the list added to my sidebar when I have a little time I promise - but you can still find them on the Softpencil blog).
I will also enter this card into the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Nice and Girly
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Cakes/ice cream
Craftalicious - Cute
Creative Card Crew - To Die For (Use die cuts)
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Texture (Icing on the cupcake)

30 comments:

  1. Love your papers and the shiney cupcake :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull card you made. Love the texture at the cupcake... Very sweet.
    Thanks for joining our Texture-challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    Greetings,
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn

    Gorgeous colours on this card and love the frosting on the cake.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love how it shimmers!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet I love the cupcake gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle shops best challenge hugs Pascale,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely, and I love the shiney topping on the cupcake, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow such a stunning card and your cupcake topping is just so yummy.

    hugs Clare

    p.s mission accomplished crafty kitten revealed lol????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Dawn!!! what a beautiful card you made! I love everything on it, the papers, your coloring, the shape, the details. It´s an amazing work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Your card is gorgeous! LOVE all the soft pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card,love the image and the frosting on the cake is fab thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn, this is gorgeous, love the tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card I love the cake detail.

    Thanks for joining in with us on DDSB

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to make a tag from the digi sentiment!
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweetie, love the shiny cake. Gorgeous. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is such a pretty glitzy card Dawn...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Sweet Birthday card! Love the shimmer it has. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute card lovely texture and lovely card... Thanks for joining in with us on Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well now this is cute as can be. I love your take on texture. Great looking frosting. Thanks for joining us here at DDSB texture challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, I love the liquid pearls on the cake :-0

    Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!!! It is great to see you!!!The TEXTURE is splendid!!! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and Good Luck!
    xoxo,
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really cute, love the shimmery frosting on the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Dawn, love the cupcake :-)
    Thanks for joining us over at Craftalicious
    Hugs
    Tasha
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is a beauty !!!
    Thanks for joining our Texture-challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs, Jóna

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! Fabulous creation! Love the shimmer and shine it has. Fabulous idea to use the sentiment on the inside like a tag - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dawn your card is super! Love the texture of the cupcake icing! Beautiful colors!
    DDSB Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  26. A delicious card with yummy frosting.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.

    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Dawn, This is so lovely, Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at DDSB! :)

    -Jo:)
    http://joboogie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card. Love the colours and the frosting on the cupcake.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week with your yummy project! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.