Pages

.

.

Sunday 11 July 2010

Challenge #38 at Creative Inspirations

Well, doesn't time fly when you're having fun - and believe me I am having a ball!!  Who would have thought that when I started out on my blogging road I would be lucky enough to have been on so many design teams as a Guest Designer and also now be on five DT's!!
Thank you all for your fantastic entries into our last challenge - I do hope you all had fun.  Remember to hop on over to the challenge blog and find out if you were our lucky winner.
For our challenge this fortnight Gini has asked us to use the oldest thing in our stash!  Our sponsor for this challenge is Creations by Penny and the lucky winner will be able to choose 5 digi images of their choice.
Here is the card I have made for this challenge:
Now the oldest thing in my stash was the teddy bear stencil that you can see in the background - had it for simply years and very rarely used it so out it came!
I have used an old sketch (TMS#21) at Tuesday Morning sketches as their next few challenges  are all centred around their birthday.  You have to choose your favourite sketch and submit a card for their challenge.  I chose this sketch because last time I used it I was invited to be a Guest Designer at Ooh La La Creations and this subsequently turned into a full time Design Team place - so I reckon this is a lucky sketch for me.
My backing paper is from the new Papermania Henbury Lane range and the ribbons are from my stash.  All the die cuts are from Die Cut Dreams.  I printed the number one on my computer and added flat backed pearls to finish it off.  The other thing I used was also an early purchase and that is the little teddy bear punch - look hard and you will spot the four little teddy bears on the ribbons where they cross.
So I am also entering this card into the challenges at:
Craftalicious - Cute
Creative Card Crew - To Die For
Die Cut Dreams - Use a number one on your creation ('cos it's their first birthday too!!)
One Stop Craft Challenge - Monochromatic
Paperplay - Your number's up (hope this counts!!)
Quirky Crafts - Ribbons

19 comments:

  1. aww cute card.
    Thanks for joining in my blog candy give away,
    Good Luck.
    ~♥~Poppy~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww this is soooo sweet Dawn, thanks for joining us at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog. I do love Clarity Stamps but that one I borrowed from a friend, lol. Love your card, especially as you have chosen an all blue colour scheme - I love monochrome.
    Jack xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, this is so cute! Love that little bear, such a great idea for a challenge. Great mono colours, hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty Dawn and I am happy to hear that my sketch helped you land a DT position. What fun!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - sooo cute! love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love your colour scheme, and the bear is really cute. Thanks so much for joining OSCC this week. I hope you join us again next week.

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi hun you certainly always come up with the goods,hun as this is just brilliant so love that image,and the coulrs are just perfection,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute creation! A stencil hey?! Hmpf..now I wonder if I really did use the oldest thing I have! This card has a great monotone, comfy warm feel. Yes I spotted the teddy's !! YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card!

    Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow...I love the cute little bear!! fabby card xx

    Thanks for playing at one stop xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely adorable Dawn and so perfect for our challenge, love this wee bear and your colour combo.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn this is adorable you have really brought that bear to life with the shading he looks fantastic and so does your card
    Thanks for joining our first Birthday challenge at the Die cut dreams Challenge blog
    Hugs Susie & the Dream Team XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week with such an adorable card. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous card, so cute! Quirky has a sketch challenge going on right now
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweetie!
    Thanks so much for joining in our Monochromatic Challenge at OSCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute card, Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge & First Birthday blog hop.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dawn

    Most beautiful card, I love the colours and the little bear.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  19. aw what a sweet bear Dawn, beautifully shaded

    Thanks so much for joining in with our first birthday challenge at Die Cut Dreams
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.