Pages

.

.

Thursday 1 July 2010

What time is it?????? It's Totally Tilda Time!!!!

Woohoo, 1st of July and finally time for the Totally Tilda Challenge Blog to go live.  Thank you to all of those of you who have already become followers - I can only assume you have all been waiting for this day to arrive as much as the Design Team have.
Just one rule really - your creation, be it a card, a layout, a tag, a gift box or an altered item, MUST have Tilda on it.  You can include other Magnolia stamps and characters but primarily it MUST have Tilda on it - that's why we are called Totally Tilda!!!! HEHEHEHEHE

Believe you me, I was totally gobsmacked when the delightful Susie Sugar asked me to be a part of her fabulous new Challenge Team!!  You could have knocked me down with a feather!!  I was sad earlier on in the week as I Love Digi has decided to close it's doors after challenge 10 and so it was a delightful twist of fate that I could so easily replace one DT spot for another!!

So, what is this first challenge I have been blathering on about I hear you ask???? 
Our first Challenge theme is ;
Chocolate
So let's see lots of rich Browns & Creams.
You can add a little dash of another colour if you wish but only a dash, remember it's yummy Chocolate theme.
Also remember you must use Tilda on your creation. Please check the sidebar on the challenge blog for the rules.
This challenge ends on friday 30th July at Noon GMT and challenge #2 will start on Sunday 1st of Aug.
So without further ado here is the card I decided to make for this, the inaugral challenge at Totally Tilda.
Now, before I go any further I have to tell you that without my very very good friend Ali, aka Dragonlady I wouldn't be able to be part of this DT!!  No siree!!  Ali has sent me several images of the delightful Tilda and it is those I am currently using (although I do have some on order!!) so to my bestest ever crafting buddy (heading towards being my bestest ever friend too) A HUGE BIG THANK YOU ALI!!!  Please hop on over to Ali's blog and have a look around - she is Tilda Crazy too!!
So, I coloured Tilda with promarkers, ordinary pencils and Sakura Gelly Glaze pens, cut her out and adhered her to the back panel on top of some brown and cream skeleton leaves with Silicone Glue.  I added a couple of little presents to the middle "V" (I recycled these as they originally had gold ribbons on and they didn't fit this challenge, so I took off the gold and added brown).
The side panels are papers from Summer Driggs from her collection called Falling for Fall and I added three brown flat backed pearls to these.  Then I finished the front off with a large cream rose and several smaller roses in two shades of brown.  This is only the second Step Ladder card I have made and if you read my post here you will find a link for it.  It really is so easy - you should give it a go.
This is a side view so that you can see the details on the middle "V" and Tilda standing proud on her panel.
Please take a few minutes to visit the other DT members (Links are on the challenge blog but will be on my sidebar soon) and see what fabulous offerings they have to show you - I know you won't be disappointed!! 
I think we may have quite a few entries for this challenge and I am really looking forward to seeing all your marvellous creations.  So what you waiting for???  Get off and create those fabulous Chocolate Tilda cards.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Magnolia Down Under - Something Sweet (can't get sweeter than chocolate can you???)
Magical Crafts - Flower Power
Craftalicious Challenges - Monotone (mainly brown with cream insteadof white)
Creative Craft Challenges - Stamping on your card

14 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn TOTALLY GORGEOUS creation looking forward to working (& playing) with our Tildas on this new fab ch. blog.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card - absolutely love it! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Dawn, such a sweet Tilda, & I love the design of your card & those gorgeous flowers
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG look at that card ....well its more than a card ...its a technical work of art that's what it is !!! And the flowers are so beautiful who ever receives this card is in for a real treat !!!
    Thank you so much for join my new DT you bring with you so much talent and a huge personality
    I am thrilled your with us
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, I love the card shape and the gorgeous soft brown shades. Thank you for joining us at MCFC, good luck with the challenge and the lovely new Totally Tilda challenge blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, thanks for joining in on the challenge, hugs Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful side step card Dawn and a lot of work too. Wonderful colouration of Tilda and the most gorgeous detail. Your floral detail is awesome.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at creative craft with your beautiful card, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous creation Dawn and I love the design, Beautiful colouring and flowers, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I love this style of card and all the chocolate is yummy! Love the leaf behind Tilda too. Thanks for joining us at MDUC xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGOSH Dawn what a fantastic card!! I love the fold... very cool. Your flowers are really nice and your colouring is perfect:-) Awesome Stuff. Thanks so much for joining in this week at MDUC
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I can almost smell the chocolate - LOL. Good luck with your new DT - I hope to find some time to play along - time is something we all need MORE off - LOL.
    Your card is just FABULOUS - and I love that fold too!
    Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. FAB-U-LOUS, I love it to bits and thanks for the mention. You are an absolute treasure - HUGS.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.