Pages

.

.

Thursday 22 July 2010

Birthday card for a friend and a few challenges to boot!

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick post to show you the card I made for my friend at work who is due to celebrate her 40th birthday.  Now I won't say she likes a drink - I'll let you decide when you see the card, and here it is:
I have used a Bugaboo image because they just crack me up and this one is called Tequila Stella.  I think it is brilliant for those folk who like to let their hair down (well alright I mean get totally smashed at a party!!!LOL).
I coloured the image with my promakers and then cut it out and adhered it to one of Susie's fabulous die cuts (available at Die Cut Dreams - you really should pay a visit - loads to choose from and great prices)
I added some crystal stickles for the bubbles on the glass of champagne.  I used two large flowers (from a candy win ages ago) secured together with a brad and then adhered to the card with silicone and then stuck the sentiment over the corner of the die cut.  I added three little purple gems on to the die cut.
I made this into an easel card to fit the challenge at Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge and it will also fit the challenge at YNS which again is easel cards.
I printed off a sentiment on the computer in matching colours to the Tequila sentiment and added this to the bottom part of the easel card on top of some Papermania Henbury Lane DP.  I added a piece of black lace across the middle as the "stopper" for my easel card and added little purple tear drop gems to the lace.  Finished it off with some roses at the top right hand corner above the image and added a little flower gem on to the birthday sentiment and voila!!
I will also enter this card into the challenges at:
Alphabet Challenge - L for lace
Crafty Creations - happy or sweet (happy birthday)
Craftalicious - Birthdays
Digital Tuesday - Birthdays
Stamp Something - something digital

15 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Stunning card hun, love the colours and makes me laugh too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a funny card. This has got to be one of the best bugaboo stamps. Goodluck with the challenges and hope you can join me at Sarah Hurleys new challenge blog with a blog hop on saturday and sunday. You can win some candy too!!

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it - it's a fantastic image .

    Thanks for joining my blog candy chick and good luck xxx I made a mistake with the link and it actually takes you to a store - the correct link should be -

    http://pinkpiggywiggy.blogspot.com/2010/07/cutest-candy-lili-christmas-just-for.html

    That's the link to go with the picture and so sorry for any confusion. Hugs, Dawny xxxchick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card - really made me smile :-) Love those papers too - gorgeous! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! love the image and sentiment! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow hun love this image,and the courls are just perfect,great layout too hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creation is stunning, I LOVE everything about it!!!

    If you love challenges, you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

    Hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, great fun for a 'special' birthday, love the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight challenge this week!
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm loving the humour of this card! Fab sentiment and i love the easel card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, and I just love the sentiment. Hope your friend had a great day. Thanks for joining our first Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hee hee! i love stella!! your card is great! thanks for playing at crafty creations!!! good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really fun card and the colour scheme is great. My Daughter works in a pub and I keep meaning to colour this in to go behind the bar!

    Thanks for joining us in our first Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dawn,

    This really made me smile. A really fun card. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.

    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.