Pages

.

.

Friday 7 August 2009

Three challenges in one

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd have a go at doing Three challenges in one for my first attempt.



I took a close up so that you could see the glittery snow!


So - to start with I used the Lily of the Valley sketch as my base - shown below.


I used a download backing paper from Crafter's Companion (http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/) called twinkling stars. I used snowflakes instead of flowers as I was following a Christmas theme. And when I saw Drake the Penguin - this week's freebie download from Pollycraft Desgins (http://www.pollycraftdesigns.blogspot.com/) I just had to incorporate him into my design. I coloured him in using watercolour pencils and the Artkure water brush. Colouring in this digi image means that this card suits the Bee Crafty challenge (http://www.bee-crafty.blogspot.com/) then I used my Sakura Gelly roll pen for the tassles on his hat - I know they look blue on this picture but trust me they are actually purple! Using this Sakura pen and the snowflake brads - both of which are part of my forgotten stash, mean that my card is suitable for the My Time to Craft challenge too.


Wow, my first challenge (or three as the case may be)! I think I'm going to like this blogging lark. I hope you like my card and of course please feel free to comment.


Dawn x










6 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, Thanks for taking part in the Bee Crafty challenge as a start to your blogging adventures! Lovely card with great use of mixed media to add colour :)
    P.S. If you like entering more than one challenge with a card there is a challenge blog called 'Pile It On' where that is one of the aims;
    http://pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/
    - Bee Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn

    This card is gorgeous and very ambitious - three challenges in one for your first challenge, well done! Told you it was addictive. I'm sure OH won't mind too much!!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! It´s so sweet!
    Thank you for following my blog and add my banner on yours!!! I´ll add a link to your blog in mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card dawn, love the cute Penguin, and the papers are fab. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just perfect dear, what a gorgeous image and such lovely colouring
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops...sorry i miised this!!
    So lovely!!
    thanks for using drake!!
    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.