Pages

.

.

Sunday 23 August 2009

Sketch & Stash and Creatalicious Challenges

Hi all,
Well, call that a race - humf! Pit crews should be shot if they let their driver down!!! Oh well, rant over - time for my second and last post for today.

I wanted to do a card for the Creatalicious Challenge at Bizzy Becs which was to do a card with a theme for a Dad ('cos it's father's day in Oz next month), you just needed to use the colour brown and add some metal. I needed some inspiration for how to lay it out so I decided to follow the sketch at sketch and stash, as shown below.

I used papers from my Hot Off The Press stash which I've had for ages and it was from one of their Sarabooks called Ivory. The "DIY" letters came from a pack of Dovecraft Crystal Effects stickers which again I've had for ages and just never used. The tools were some charms I bought ages ago at one of the Hobbycraft exhibitions at the NEC. The sentiment was one I bought from Readicut ages ago. (Seems I've had alot of neglected stash I have never used!!) Anyway guys hope you like it.
Dawn x

14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous,love those little charms and fantastic DP......great job with the challenge!!!
    Thanks for entering our first challenge and hope to see you at Creatalicious again next month!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again

    Those charms are brilliant. Isn't it great that you are finally using stuff you bought a long time ago - I am finding that too. Good luck with
    the challenges.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cute Tools, and really love the layout :-) Thanks for the Inspiration!

    I've just realised most of my items are too girly so I need to stock up up on more Manly card things for Dad's Day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card, I love the little tools!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is great ..love those little tools...Thanks for taking part in BBCC..
    regards
    Jan..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and great embellies.
    Thank you for joining in the sketch and stash this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It´s a creative card, great work Dawn!
    I´ve just posted one of your lovely cards on my blog. I hope you like it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo Dawn, hi ya poppet, so sorry this is my 1st time over here. Thank you for joining our xmasrak club. Lovely to have you.looking forward to getting to know you more!!...wow hunny you have some beautiful creations. This is totally gorj!

    Big Hugs
    Lisa.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Dawn, just perfect for a man's card.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic male card Dawn, thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your creation! Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge and hope to see you at the next one...Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog Dawn, just popped over from the Christmas RAK. Great cards...hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dawn, Thank you for dropping by my blog, and for the lovely comment on my daughters card making I will let her know what you said she will be so happy..Any advice on where to get decoupage images from would be great as there aren't that many places around here where we can buy them from...Thanks again for dropping by Have a great weekend Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Fabulous.. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge.. Bec

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.