Pages

.

.

Saturday 15 August 2009

Sketch Saturday, ABC & My Time to Craft Challenges

Hello everyone
My first post for today is a Christmas Card which I think satisfies three challenges.
Once again I will start with the sketch (shown below) which was from the Sketch Saturday Challenge - always a lovely sketch this one.

For the main image I used a Pink Gems stamp called Millie on Reindeer which I have only recently purchased. As the ABC challenge was "Anything Goes with the added option of animals" I think the reindeer makes it eligible for this challenge. I coloured in the image using Sakura Gelly Roll pens and my watercolour pencils blended in using the Art Kure waterbrush. For the fur on Millie's clothing I used Liquid Pearls to give a raised effect and then covered this with glitter. For the image backing I used a holographic card from my craft stash. The Snowflake paper is one of a 12x12 pack but I've had it so long I can't remember what it is called or who made it, sorry. I also used a piece of vellum with a snowflake image embossed on it and scalloped the edge with a Fiskars border punch with a Christmassy theme. The ribbon was from my craft stash but is one of many that I have purchased over the years from Crafty Ribbons. The sentiment is again a Pink Gem design that I bought recently. The brads are from a set of Dovecraft brads called, would you believe - Snowflakes! My Time to Craft's challenge is Christmas this time so this card qualifies for that challenge too.
I hope you like the finished card.

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is beautiful dawn! The colours are lovely and what a fab sketch to follow....I must have a go at this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - I love the image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty Christmas card, love the colours you used and the lovely image and ribbon...thanks for joining in with the Sketch Saturday challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, so Christmassy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great christmas card love the image and how you've coloured it fab papers:)
    Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card :-)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us on ABC this week, good luck with the prize and we look forward to you joining us for the letter B next week.

    hugs Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - thanks for joining the MTTC Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, fabulous cute image and love the colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely Christmas card so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.