Pages

.

.

Sunday 23 August 2009

Charisma Cardz and Allsorts Challenges

Hi everyone,
Maybe just the one post for today - Grand Prix to watch!

I saw the challenge at Charisma Cardz and liked the sound of the colours but never anticipated being able to do a Christmas Card. Whilst looking through my papers for inspiration I came across a 12 x 12 paper with just the right colours in it so that started me off.
Then I chose the sketch from Allsorts, as shown below.
They also wanted you to use torn edges so I have used a backing paper from the Crafter's Companion Festive Occasions CD and used this as the two panels on the card. I stamped the image onto lemon coloured mulberry paper which was from my stash (can't remember where it came from though) and backed this on to white card to show up the lemon colour. The sentiment is a ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and I used snowflakes to go across the top to fit in with the sketch. I'm really not sure about this one - please let me know what you think guys!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    What a beautiful Christmas card you have made.

    I think you have used the sketch really well - and I love the snowflakes. They are just gorgeous.

    Well done on being brave and doing all that tearing!!

    Thank you for playing along with my challenge over at Allsorts this week - I hope you had fun.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Dawn

    How embarrassing - should I go and delete or give everyone else a laugh!!!
    On my MIL's PC whilst she baths the children. Off on Tuesday. Great card, the background and tearing are absolutely fabulous. Love the colours too.

    Take care Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn

    How lovely is this. Looks like vellum for your two panels ? It gives a lovely airy feel to the card.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely card, I love the colours you've used they look great for Christmas

    thanks for playing along with us at allsorts this week :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn

    I love your christmas card the vellum looks so nice thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique Christmas card. Love the idea of using these colors for Christmas. Thanks for joining this week at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ya Dawn...another stunner! i love that xmas ball hun.& what you have done with thos yummy papers.
    Just beautiful card.

    Hugs
    Lisa.xxx
    Dawn babe...when you get a free minute could you email me...@ the xmasrakclub address or site please? thanks sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgoeus card. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.