Pages

.

.

Saturday 22 August 2009

A 4 in 1 challenge!!

Back again,
This time I have followed the Sketch over at Sketch Saturday, as shown below.

Then I decided that I would follow the challenge over at Artful Inkables whose challenge was to use the colours Red, Black and White.
I used a black and white printed card for the backing card which came from a pack with an oriental theme bought at Readicut online. The second paper (from the same pack) I trimmed with a Fiskars border punch to give the scalloped edge. The piece of red card was from my card stock (I think I bought this from Readicut too). Then I added ribbon with Chinese writing on to either side of the red card - I've had this for a while but bought it from Crafty Ribbons. Then for the image I used several of Barbara's stamps at Clarity. The "stamp" images come as blank and then by masking off each image you can then put a different image into the actual stamp (sounds like gobbledegook but should be self explanatory). I used stamps with a Chinese theme so I think this meets the challenge at A Spoonful Of Sugar which is Travel. I then masked off all the images and sponged some red colour as a background.

(I've taken a close up so that you can see the images within the stamps a little better). I added three little flowers with buttons in the middle so I'm also entering this one for the challenge over at ABC which was to use buttons. Finally I added the sentiment which was from a pack of die cut sentiments again from Readicut.
Hope you like it!
Dawn xx

9 comments:

  1. Hey that's really great. Love the borders you have made. Those stamps are clever too.

    Go girl go!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card - love the black and red and great images too. Great wavy edge..

    thanks for joining us on ABC

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a really cool card. Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at SS this week!
    Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fresh card!! love the borders and the stamping!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card :-)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifull card :) Thanks for joining us at sketch saturday.
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very striking card. Lovely job well done! ♥Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cool card, thanks for playin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful!! What a great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Think Ink Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.