Pages

.

.

Sunday 24 July 2011

Totally Tilda - Midway Reminder Challenge #27

Hello peeps,
Well I just popped in to remind you that you have about a week left to submit your entries for our latest challenge at Totally Tilda.
Don't forget the challenge this time is:
Christmas Decoration in July
That means we want to see a decoration you have made that you would hang on your tree
NO CARDS THIS TIME!!
Now you know that I always show you a sneaky peek of my creation the day the challenge goes live don't you?  So today is the day I can show you the whole thing!  Bet you're excited now aren't you?? LOL
Just kidding, I'm not really that big headed, honest. 
I found a cool tutorial for an origami paper wreath which you can see here.
The tutorial tells you that the picture on their page uses rectangle paper 5cm x 10cms but you can't really get an idea of how big the wreaths come out so this is my third one!! LOL
The 5 x 10cm one is huge!  So then I made a 2 x 4cm wreath and that one is too small!  So this one is a 3 x 6cms wreath and - in the words of Baby Bear - this one is just right!!
So here's the other side of the wreath:
The silver bauble and the silver bird are recycled elements from Christmas Crackers.  The poinsettia flowers are clear peel offs stuck to acetate and cut out then four are secured together with a brad.
So I hope you like my decoration and that is has inspired you to have a go!
Good luck.
TTFN





5 comments:

  1. oh hun what a great idea this is just brilliant,love the colors,and detail gorgeous hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful decoration!
    Hugs from Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn, love this beautiful decoration. Gorgeous details and fab colouring.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Dawn I am so loving these two beauties the embellishments, colours and of course Tilda look truly wonderful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww soooooo cute hun, love the little bird too. Stunning.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.