Pages

.

.

Monday 18 July 2011

Animal Antics - Challenge #94 at Die Cut Dreams

Good morning my blogging friends.  Here we are at the start of another week so that must mean it is time for a new challenge at Die Cut Dreams.  Thank you once again to all those who entered our last challenge.  Please remember to stop by the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog to see if you were one of our lucky winners.
So, onto the new challenge and this time the theme is:
ANIMAL ANTICS
(sorry but butterflies don't count!)
So time to get your thinking hats on and get crafting.
Here is my project for this fortnight's challenge:
Now those of you who know me well will know that I don't like distressing very much at all.  However, I watched Create and Craft the other day and they were advertising the Tim Holtz Distress Core'dinations paper pad so I just plunged right on in and bought one.  So the green card that the image is matted on to is Pine Needles card and the red is Barn Door (I think).  With the green card I distressed the edges with sandpaper and with the red card I embossed and then added Pine Needles distress ink to the embossing.
Before I added the red embossed card I sponged all over the white card base with Fired Brick and Pine Needles distress ink with my new Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink applicator - get me eh???? LOL
The image is a Penny Black image called Berry Berry Christmas sent to me by my good friend Clare - thanks hun - used it at last!!
The sentiment is one from Lynne at Sentiments 4 You and you can buy it here.  The flowers and pom pom (thanks Corry) are from my stash.
So there you have my first distressed Christmas card - I'm actually quite pleased with this one and I may now have been (almost) converted to distressing!!

Well peeps, I can't wait to see what you all come up with over the next two weeks.  Have fun!
Challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge - N for No Nonsense (I haven't used DP just Core d'inations card)
Creative Inspirations - Christmas in July
Inky Impressions - Distressing
Paper Sundaes - Christmas in July
Simon Says Stamp & show - Show some embossing
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Stamp something - Christmas in July

17 comments:

  1. Well done you - getting another Christmas card done. I love the little hedgie. Glad to see you trying more distressing - as I tell the girls just keep practising!!!!!! LOL.

    HUgs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card looks so cute from what I can see of it! would love to see the whole card.....? Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei Dawn,
    gorgeous and warm C,mas card,
    lovely embellies!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at
    Penny Black @ Allsorts, good luck and
    welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ya, you know what its not you its me your card is cropped sooooo close to the card I did not realise that the whole of the card was showing! DOH! just ignore me! what a dope! sorry :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and I must admit I wasn't into distressing but am loving it especially that card. The sanding block and dust buddy are great with it. Love that sweet image too. I have a new candy. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card! I love all the sweet little details.


    --Cheryl--
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie Dawn, love that image.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab card how sweet is that hedgehog !! thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card how sweet is that hedgehog !! thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the "dark side" - distressing! LOL
    Your card's very sweet! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card and such a cute image,love the little charm detail,thank you for joining us at Penny black at Allsorts.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card, fabulous colours and such a quite hedgie and fantastic little.

    Thank you so much for joining at the Sinon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, sounds like you had lots of fun making this one. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love PB images, and this is no exception. Absolutely adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! I think the little hedgehog is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Dawn, love your distressing, many thanks for sharing at Penny Black at Allsorts.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful Christmas card, thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.