Pages

.

.

Monday 31 January 2011

Lots of Hearts but no Words - Die Cut Dreams Challenge #82

Well these Mondays sure roll round quick don't they.  Remember to stop by the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog and see if you were our lucky winner or one of our top 3 won't you?
So onto the new challenge and this time we want to see lots of hearts (because it runs until just before Valentine's Day!) but you can't use any words.  It was a bit tricky not using words but I think you can get the sentiment from a card without words if the image is right.
So, I was recently lucky enough to win an image from the Whimsy Blog Hop and I chose a Meljen's image (because I just love Melissa's images) and here he is:
As soon as I saw this image I just knew I wanted to use it for this challenge.  I coloured him in using my Perfect Pearls - don't you just love the shimmer you get using them? 
The blue papers (if you look closely you will see that it is meant to be water!) is from an adhesive paper pack as is the die cut frilled circle.  These are such lovely papers and much quicker than using tape or glue.  The ribbon, pearls and gems were all new purchases in the Hobbycraft sale and the flourish is a Marianne Design die cut which I bought recently from Nikki at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.
I have used the sketch at Papertake Weekly - love Dawny's sketches - and the flowers are from my stash.  I hope you like my Love Octopus and that it has inspired you to have a go at the challenge.
Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Totally delicious, I love Meljens images too and this one is soooo cute. Love the flowers and great use of the sketch.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card - love the colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn, such a fun image and those papers are just perfect! Great interpretation of this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours, A beautiful creation, I love your choice of image.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. just wanted to stop by and say hello. What a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh that octopus is so cute!! love the pearly finish - gorgeous!!!
    Lynne xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card Dawn!!! I love the colours combo, the sweet image and the layout! just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!! I really love what you've done with this image! SO CUTE!! I love your shimmery coloring too!! Congrats on your win!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.