Pages

.

.

Saturday 8 January 2011

Just Because

I took part in a blog hop this week at Crafty Creations which is part of their 100th challenge celebrations.  As well as the blog hop there was of course the 100th challenge to take part in.  There are only a couple of days left to get your entry in so you'd better be quick.
The challenge has three parts to it.  Firstly you have to follow the sketch:
Then you have to use the colour combination:
 
Then you have to use a recycled element on your card.
So here is the card I made for this challenge:
I have used a Sweet Pea stamp (one of only two I possess at the moment) for my image and I have used plum watercolour pencil for her dress, blueberry copic for the butterfly (with a little added cherry red on her lips and on the wings of the butterfly). The background of the image is chalked with beige pearlescent chalk.
I have used crumb beige (well as near as I could match it anyway) for the panel behind the image and plum and blueberry DP.  The recycled element is the gems which I took off an old birthday card (bought not hand made obviously) and stuck them on with silicone.  I have decoupaged the butterfly to add a bit of dimension to the image.
The sentiment is a Clarity Stamp which I have had for ages and the ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons.
I am really pleased with how this turned out because I have never used these Sweet Pea images before (but will be again!!)

I shall also be entering this card into the challenges at:
Let's Ink It Up - Anything Goes
In a Sweet Pea Dream - Ribbon and bows

12 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, this is stunning, I absolutely love the colours, love it all. Hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, what a lovely blog you have. I would definitely get on with some of your ideas if i could find more time..still it's nice to visit your site. Happy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Dawn the design and colours look gorgeous especially with that wonderful image, this is one super card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card!! Great layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I love the color combo. I used to live in England when my husband was in the military. We were at RAF Croughton. Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! I like the dimension you gave it with the butterfly. Thanks for joining in our 100th Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at the 100th challenge at Crafty Creations!! Good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck :-)
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad girl, missing this beautiful card - me that is!!! Love everything about it hun. Thanks for playing at LIIU.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing along in our special blog hop 100th Challenge at Crafty Creations - great to see your fab project. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn this is exquisite!!
    Thanks a bunch for joining in on our challenge this week. Good luck and I can not wait to see more of your marvelous artwork!

    KymKreates
    Sweet Pea DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great image. Loved all the shimmer. Thank for playing at Let's Ink It Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.