Pages

.

.

Wednesday 12 January 2011

New Venture for me!

Hi all,
well I have had this Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 sitting in my craft room for ages now and haven't got around to using it until now!  Best buddy Ali has just been invited to be a part of the Design Team at Lasting Memories Layouts so I thought I would submit an entry to show my support for her new DT position.
I used a photo that I already had in my files on the computer and had a play around with the Digital Scrapbook Artist and this is what I came up with.

It is only very simple as I'm still not really sure where everything is and what it all means but I guess that will come with time.  These are my two cats, Smudge (the tricolour) and Breezer (the tabby).  This photo was taken when we had our GSD. They were both a bit scared of him and so chose to be together on the back of the chair quite a bit!!

I shall, as I said enter this into the challenge at Lasting Memories which is "To show your style".  I'm not sure I know what my style is yet but I quite like how this turned out (well for a first attempt anyway).  I don't suppose it is up to the same standard as the rest of the Design Team or all you wonderful Scrappers out there but at least it's a start!

12 comments:

  1. BRAVO!!! This is very neat layout! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn

    I am so pleased you could join in at Lasting Memories. I love your cats, what beautiful colours. This is a great layout and I really hope you can join in again.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, I love the layout. I would never have known it was your first attempt. Very pretty cats and the perfect embellishments to go with their page. Thanks for joining the challenge at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dawn

    I like the picture of the two kitties and I like the frame because it looks like a belt. Cats like playiong with belts don't they - especially our cat - Poodle!

    love Alex xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn!

    Wow, this is super! You're ahead of me, I've never tried digi scrapping. I love this layout and it's purrrrrrfect :) Your cats are cuties!

    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh hun this is just perfecttttttt
    love it what brilliant layout so cute too hugs cheyrl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer Dawn this is awesome what a fantastic LO absolutely great.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! I love all the little details, like the fish paper and the tags for the title. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories! We hope you will join us again soon!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab layout - love the piccie :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is amazing Dawn and good for you for getting out of your comfort zone. Hope you are well

    hugs Clare

    p.s thanks for my card and maggie's love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Layout! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really neat layout! I love the tags & the belt frame....it all looks so real!! Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.