Pages

.

.

Saturday 3 April 2010

Two cards with my YNS winnings and the winner of my Blog Candy!

Hello my friends,
Firstly I have an apology to make.  I was going to draw the winner of my blog candy on Good Friday but I was out all day and it wasn't until I was chatting with a very good friend of mine that I realised what day it was and what I should have done - so sorry for that....... mind you you're gonna have to wait just a little bit longer to find out the winner!!
Now I have two cards to show you both of which were made using stamps from my challenge win at Your Next Stamp.  They are fabulous sets and you really should have a look at their shop - it is crammed full of gorgeousness!!
So here is the first card:
I used the sketch from Truly Scrumptious which I have shown below:
I used Flower Bouquet Ffiona for this one.  She is coloured in with promarkers and Sakura Gelly Glaze pens. 
I have sponged around the edge of the image with two shades of purple ink and punched a design out of the top right hand corner with a corner punch. 
The backing card is plain dark purple and I have stamped on to this with a butterfly stamp from Clarity Stamps with embossing ink.  I then dabbed pale lilac chalk over the images to make them stand out.  The papers I have used are from a Papermania pad called Amethyst Infusion.  The pale lilac card down the left hand side is plain but I used a dark purple promarker to add three lines down the card to fit the sketch.
The bow is actually two bows joined together with a brad as is the flower at the bottom. 
The sentiment is from the Flower Bouquet Ffiona set too.  I added three little butterfly gems at the top right.
So this will go into the challenges at:
YNS - Purple
Cooking it up with Katie - Something new (my image) something old (the butterfly stamp) something sweet (well she is - isn't she??)
Truly Scrumptious - Sketch and added option of flyaway (that's why I used butterflies)
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Meljen's Designs - Anything Goes

The second card is made using the You're Fabulous set:

Again the image is coloured using promarkers and watercolour pencils and she is stamped onto a white die cut which is layered onto a pale lilac die cut which were sent to me as a lovely surprise RAK from the wonderful Susie at Die Cut Dreams - thank you so much my friend!!
Once again I have sponged the edges of the white die cut with pale lilac ink to blend it in with the die cut behind it.
The backing paper is from Dew Drop Craftz and this is layered onto pale lilac card. 
The sentiment is also from the You're Fabulous set and this is stamped onto white card and again I have sponged the background using two shades of purple ink and edged in black.
The flower is made up from some fabulous large flowers I received in a RAK and some from my stash all joined together with a white brad.
This will go into the following challenges:
Die Cut Dreams - white, black and one other colour (purple obviously!!)
YNS - Purple
Cooking it up with Katie - Something new (image and die cuts), something old (most of the flower parts) something sweet (well I think it's sweet)
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Meljens's Designs - Anything Goes
Pixie Dust Designs - Black, white and one other
And so........................finally ............................... on to the winner of my blog candy!!
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
THE WINNER IS.................
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
No. 130
'
That's you Sarah!!
Well done hunny!! 
I know you have not been blogging for very long and I hope that these goodies will help give you some more inspiration to create lovely things!  Please can you email me at dawns191@live.co.uk with your details and I will get your goodies off to you in the post on Tuesday.  I hope Sarah contacts me but if I haven't heard by next Saturday (10th April) I will draw another winner.
Thank you to everyone who joined in and for leaving some beautiful comments, I appreciate them all. It's a shame there can only be one winner - better luck next time.  I hope you all choose to stay with me and don't wander off because you weren't a winner.  I will be doing more candies in the future so perhaps it would be worth keeping an eye on my little piece of blogland.

24 comments:

  1. I think they are both super sweet!!!
    Images are lovely and the colors too.
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winner, who can resist your blog whether there is candy or not? I cant :@) Leigh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards.. great colors! I love purple :))

    Thank you for joining the MelJens Design first challenge. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so FAB Dawn! What gorgeous, scrummy cards!! So glad you enjoyed your prize!! Thank you so much for joining us at YNS Challenges! (Make sure you add an extra 2 entries into Mr Linky - as you've made 2 YNS cards, you get a total of 4 entries into the prize draw!!). Happy Easter! Hugs, Simonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fantastic card I love how you used my design die cuts (wait till you see the new ones I have just designed the dies are not here yet I have just aproved the blue prints from the die makers remind me if I forget and I will send you some samples at the end of the month) Thanks for giving my shop a plug sweetie.
    That Chloe stamp you asked about is clear rubber from Pink Gem , you should have known as I have a rubber fettish !! lol
    Happy Easter
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet cards! Thank you for joining Meljen's Designs first challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn, wow so loving your new blog background and congrats on your win over at YNS. Sorry for being a bad blog friend lately the house sale is completely taking over at the mo, will drop you an email soon. Take care

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there

    Wow what fab cards with your winnings hun. Gorgeous or what and you do love your ribbons. THat flower is massive!!!
    Well done Sarah you are one lucky lady.

    HUgs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are both just beautiful..Very lovely work.. Congrats to the winner of your candy!!Hope you have a wonderful Easter..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fantastic cards! They are so darn CUTE!!!
    Happy Easter!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your purple cards are fabulous Dawn! I'm so glad you are enjoying your YNS prize and thank you for joining us over at the YNS Challenge blog!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to the winner!
    I will be staying even though I didn't win ...lol
    I so enjoy your creations and your visits on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card hun just love the image and colour combo used .Have a very happy Easter
    Love n hugs jude:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. a fantastic card! I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab colours and layout. Love it. Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two very beautiful cards Dawn, I love the big flower.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both really gorgeous cards, great colours. thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable!!!Thank you for Joining Meljen's 1st Challenge... Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week in our 'Anything goes' challenge. Great projects - I love purple! - good luck in the draw. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful cards! Your little ladies look so ready for Spring. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the 1st Meljen's Designs challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely projects, I really like the sketch you used!
    thanks for playing with Cooking it up with Katie this week
    pen

    ReplyDelete
  22. two stunning cards, beautifully made Dawn...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just beautiful cards! I love your layouts and all the details you add!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great designer papers....love your cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.