Pages

.

.

Sunday 18 April 2010

Challenge #32 at Creative Inspirations and a few challenges to boot!!

Hello all,
Well, what a beautiful day Saturday turned out to be.  No ash clouds where I am - well if there is I can't see them!
Anyhoo, I digress.  Today is Challenge number 32 over at Creative Inspirations and this time it is a recipe challenge.  This fortnight we would like to see your creations using 3 flowers, 2 papers and 1 ribbon.  Our sponsor for this challenge is the fabulous Peachy Keen Stamps.  If you haven't been by their blog you really should spare a few minutes (or do I mean hours) to browse their goodies.
So without further ado here is the card I made for this challenge:
PINK isn't it???  Not my usual colours but for some reason I just felt like doing a pink card.  I have followed the sketch over at Moving Along With The Times which I have shown below:

The image I have used  is one of the recent releases from Pollycraft.  She is Primrose Flower Fairy from the Lilybean series - I just knew I had to have this set as soon as Paula released it and I am so glad I did.  I have coloured her in using Promarkers, pencils, Sakura Gelly Glaze pens in several shades of pink.
The flowers are made up from my stash and secured with METAL brads.
The ribbon has been tied using my Bow-Easy in a double bow and I have added two METAL pink nob pins.
I have added two flat backed pearls at the top and bottom of the long piece of DP (both of the DP I have used were sent to me in a RAK some time ago and if my memory serves me right came from the lovely Clare) and added very small pink pearls on the flowers on the image.  I have also added ultra fine Pee Wee glitter in very pale pink to her wings.
I am really pleased with how this turned out and especially pleased because it also fits the following challenges:
Bizzy Becs Creatalicious Challenge - Flowers and Wings
By the Cute and Girly - Fairytales
Charisma Cardz - Monochromatic
Cute Card Thursday - Touchy Feely
Flutter by Wednesday - Open Theme (but must have a butterfly, fairy or angel)
My Time To Craft Challenge - Pretty Pearls
One Stop Craft Challenge - Things with wings
Papertake Weekly - Cutie Pie
Penny's Papercrafty Challenges - Anything goes
The ABC challenge - S for Sparkle
Creative Cottage - Things with Wings
Tuesday Morning Sketches - Soft Hues, Flowers, Ribbon
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - Metal
Phew, think that'll do - haven't entered this many for a while now.
Please let me know what you think and don't forget to hop over to Creative Inspirations to see what other fabulous creations the rest of the Design Team have to inspire you.
Thanks for stopping by.

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely little fairy! Love the glittery wings and the flowers. Beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, WOW thats a lot of challenges. The card is super. What a cute wee image you have used. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn

    Yummy pink card and such a lot of METAL!!!!! Good luck with all those challenges. great colouring by the way!

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty Dawn, love the background paper!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, I just love your card, its soooo pretty! Great image and embellishments, great take on Clare's sketch. Thanks for joining us over at MAWTT, hugs Heidi (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty in pink card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, what a lot of challenges! well done you!
    I love all the shades of pink in this pretty card!
    Thanks so much for joining in with MTTC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn
    What a lovely card..love the image and the colours!Thanks for joining us over at MAWTT Good Luck & Hope you can join us again Clare DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a pretty card - lovely image and wonderful flowers
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card Dawn, I love those papers and the cute image thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful.. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty in pink, and such a darling little image! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutter By Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful,love the embeliishments and different shades of pink!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous!


    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week!

    I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, you should do 'pink' more often.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card. The pink is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT & congrats on being picked as a winner x Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card, loving the pink ( not a pink person either)these papers are just gorgeous and such a cute image.Thanks for joining us over on the cute and girly challenge this month. nnalorac.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.