Pages

.

.

Monday 19 April 2010

Ooh La La - Challenge #52 - Vintage Man

Hello again everyone,
Thank you once again for all your fabulous entries on the last challenge.  Some super entries once again.
The new challenge for the next fortnight is entitled Vintage Man and again you can interpret this however you wish.  Whether it be a Layout, ATC, Card or Gift - it is entirely up to you so long as it fits the challenge.
I have made a man's card for this challenge - way out of my comfort zone as I don't like making them but - if I'm honest - I quite like this one.
So I chose to use the Passion for Fashion CD and used the folder called Boots.  I chose two backing papers and the pyramage images.  I layered the two backing papers onto green card and then put the largest one on my card front. 
I used the two smaller contrasting pieces on top of the larger one.  I added a green button and green glitter ribbon to the side of the card, added my image (also backed on to green card) at an angle and then added three little green leaves where normally I would use flowers (for a female card I mean). 
I used a dufex greeting again backed onto the same green card and added that above the image.
As I say, I am actually quite pleased with how it turned out and I hope it has inspired you to enter the challenge this time with whatever you choose to make.
Thanks for stopping by and please be sure to visit my other teamies blogs and see what they have to show you. 
TTFN

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the vintage image and the lovely greens you've used! Another awesome creation, My Friend!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn this is lovely and your photos show it off so well
    Neat trick with the button and the thin ribbon I might have to have a go at that myself
    Fab card Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn, I just love this male card and your button embellishment is just wonderfull I just have to do this, so watch out.
    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card hun! This is so beautiful Dawn!!! Thanks for entering my blogaversary candy...good luck to you!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn

    Fab mans card, love the dark green and your trick with the ribbon and button.

    HUgs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, loven' the male vintage card! Perfect job and the button really adds a great touch!

    Angela
    SewManyCards

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun card. I love the colours too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.