Pages

.

.

Saturday 24 April 2010

Commissioned Birthday Card!

Hi everyone,
Can you believe this beautiful weather we are having??  I have cleaned my car this morning it was such a nice morning - but don't worry, sanity has now been restored and I am back here in blogland - safe and sound!
Anyway, this card is one I was asked to do for a relative, actually my cousin in Cornwall - who is horse mad!!  I don't think this one looks like her own horse but I think he is sooooo cute - I just had to use him.  So first off - the card:
The image I have used is from Wink Wink Ink and is called Little Behind - ain't he just the cutest?  I have coloured him in with watercolour pencils to try and get the shading just right.  I used pearlescent chalk around the edge of the image to soften the edges. 
I added the sentiment using some die cuts which my good friend Susie from Die Cut Dreams sent me (thanks Susie) and added some red ribbon so that it looked like a rosette. 
The grey papers are Stampin Up patterns and I used a black ribbon down the middle of the card which I recycled off a gift box.
I used a previous sketch from Mojo Mondays (sketch 133) which I have shown below:
I flipped it and used it longways so that my image would fit on the card.  I am quite pleased with the result and I hope that my cousin likes it too.
I shall enter this card into the challenges at:
Paper Sundaes - Card with no people
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Happy Birthday
Crazy for Challenges - CASE a card (I chose to case Mercy's card on the animal theme)
Creative Card Crew - Happy Birthday

7 comments:

  1. Aww, what a pretty pony! Great card, thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card, thanks for playing with the C4C gals

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH A SWEET CARD::: lOVE THE IMAGE1

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is adorable. I love the little look of mischief she has!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Card! Thanks for playing C4C

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha, this is a great card and your coloring is fantastic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.