Pages

.

.

Thursday 29 April 2010

I Love Digi - Challenge #6 - A Thank You Card

Hello everyone,
Wow aren't the weeks just flying by?  Can you believe we are on to challenge number 6 already.  Once again a huge thank you to all those of you who joined in with our sketch challenge last week - boy you sure had fun with that one didn't you?  Remember to hop on over to the I Love Digi Challenge Blog to see if you were our winner.
So onto challenge number 6.  This time our challenge is for you to make a Thank You Card and our fabulous sponsor this time is Angela from Toucan Crafts. 
Now we were all lucky enough to be given one of Angela's packs to work with this fortnight and we were asked to use some (or all) of her pack for our card.  I chose to use most of the backing papers for my card and here it is:
The orange paper down the right hand side has been layered onto blue card and I have used a border punch to give it a decorative edge.  This has been matted onto one of the other backing papers which as you can see has "Thank You" in many different languages all over it.
Then I used two smaller pieces of backing paper which I again matted onto the blue card and used as layers underneath my image.  The image I chose to use is one of the WS digital images from The Greeting Farm called Audrey.  Don't you love the way she is sticking her tongue out??  Again I matted the image onto the same blue card.  She is coloured in using Promarkers and the edges of the card have been chalked using a Peachy coloured pearlescent chalk. 
I then added a three-tone blue flower on the right hand side of the card and from this I suspended a "Thank You" charm using copper wire.  I am really pleased with how this has turned out and I hope it has inspired you to take part in our Thank You Card challenge.
I will enter this card into the challenges at:
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp and One Stitch at a Time - both want you to use flowers
Sew Many Challenges - Anything Goes
TGF WCW - Spring into WCW (Well I think it looks spring like)
ABC Challenge - T is for Thank You

23 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Love the image, your coloring looks great!!

    Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Dawn, great use of Angelas papers and just love the cute image :) Fabby :)

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is wonderful Dawn!
    I love the way you layered up the papers and used the decorative edge punch. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh, isn't she adorable. I really like your card. hanging the charm with wire never occured to me, it looks great. Thanks for the idea.

    Thank you for sharing with us this week at Sew Many Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is a gorjus card love the image and papers,you have used too thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT hope to see you again love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cute! Great use of the papers and I love the hanging charm...Great coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job on the card and that chalk is something I def will be looking into- I love that effect. Your coloring is wonderful and yes, I do love that she is sticking out her tongue :)

    Angela
    SewManyCards

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card,love the charm.
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dawn this is just sew cute, your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for playing at SMC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dawn

    Cute card, love teh border punch idea very effective.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very cute and pretty little card. Thanks for joining the DU2DS Challenge this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely cute card, thanks for sharing with us at Sew many cards x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. SOOO CUTE!! Love that charm!!! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, and that image is adorable. Love the "Thank-You" paper too. Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great make, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great card Dawn and the papers are lovely - well done to Angela for those! Thanks once again (my record's stuck sorry) for joining us here at OSAAT.
    Take care
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute, lovely colours too.
    Thanks for joining in at the ABC fortnightly challenge.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. great card! love the image and the colors you used. thanks for playing along at SMC! it fits here too http://ssdschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute card....great colors.
    Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute card....great colors.
    Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT. x Clare (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty card. Thank you for joining in the ABC Challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.