Pages

.

.

Friday 30 October 2009

Woohoo - It's Friday!!!!

Happy Friday everyone.
You know what it means when Friday comes around don't you.....?  Yes, that's right........... it's Freebie Friday time at Digital Delights.
This week Wendy has given us something completely different - not halloween and not Christmas - this week she has given us Laptop Ridley!  And..... here's what I have done with him!

First I did the inside of the card..... more of that in a minute.  I didn't follow a sketch or enter this for any challenges....... except maybe the Alphabet Challenge which was B for Blue but alas by the time this post goes out that challenge will be closed!  I used a Laura Ashley backing paper and a piece of black corrugated card from my stash.  I printed off the image and then coloured it in with watercolour pencils, my waterbrush and my metallic pencils.  I printed off the "Please....." on the computer and stuck that to a piece of shimmering blue paper (doesn't show up on the piccy tho!!)  The screen part of the laptop isn't stuck down but I have used sticky pads to stick the keyboard to the backing paper so the screen part moves about (like a real laptop!!)  I had already printed off the sentiment and after attaching it to some holographic card I stuck it to the inside of the card like so.....


.......to make it a pop out card!  Now I wonder where I learnt that from???????  This time however I used a 2cm wide piece of card and made it into a square and using double sided tape stuck it to the inside of the card - this way you don't make a hole in the folded edge of your card!!

Then I tied two pieces of ribbon around the card and tied it into a bow to finish it off!
So hop on over to Digital Delights and grab your Laptop Ridley Freebie Friday - enjoy!!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn,

    Finally got round to this. Great coluring and I love your idea with the pop up card and staying in touch.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.