Pages

.

.

Monday 19 October 2009

Halloween sixteen!

Hello everyone
I hope you have had a pleasant Monday.  I have had a brill Monday because I had the day off work!! YIPPEEEEEEE!
So, what could I do with myself all day I hear you ask???  Well naturally I had to fit in some craft now didn't I.  This is a Halloween card I made using Devil Rider Billy from Wendy over at Digital Delights.  Billy was a Freebie Friday image a couple of weeks ago but don't worry if you missed him you can still buy him over at Wendy's store - just click on the link at the top of the page.

The card is based on the sketch over at the Pink Elephant and is shown below:




Billy is coloured using a variety of mediums including; watercolour pencils, metallic pencils and sparkling gel pens.  I also went all over the image using a dark purple chalk so that the white card didn't stand out like a sore thumb. 

The bat image and the sentiment are from the Occasions Double CD from Crafter's Companion as is the purple lantern backing paper.  The black ribbon down the middle of the lantern paper is from my stash and bought from Crafty Ribbons.  The buttons are from my stash (I decided to tie some fibre through them to give them a bit of interest - I won these in some candy from Helen at Ellephantastic) and the scallops that they sit on are from my stash.  The lantern paper sits on some purple mirri card and Billy is mounted on to some purple glitter card - again both from my stash.
So along with the challenge at the Pink Elephant these are the other challenges I am entering this card into:
Lots to do - Make a card
Crafty Cardmakers - Autumn (well Halloween is in the Autumn!)
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Recipe - 1 ribbon, 2 buttons and 3 papers
Pile it On - Ready for Halloween
ABC - F is for flying (tentative I know but there is a bat on the card!)
Creative Card Crew - Use scallops
Digital Tuesday - Boo! Halloween
Papertake Weekly - The Dark Side - Halloween
One Stop Craft - Halloween
Cute Card Thursday - Spook Fest
StampARTic - Boo!
The Corrosive Challenge - Spooky Times
Creative Friday - Halloween
and last but not least....
Cupcake Challenge - Things that go bump in the night.
Phew!  I make that 16 challenges in all!  Hope you like the card guys - please feel free to leave me any comments - they really do make a difference!

35 comments:

  1. Another fab card Dawn, you can enter as many times as you like

    Thanks for playing along again with Lotstodo - Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is good and very quick at entering - love the colouring and the image is wonderful, thank you for joining us at crafty cardmaking xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love all the detail in it. Thanks for playing at CRAFT and good luck!

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant i love the little image really cute, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness 16 n 1 you ROCK! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour combo and the image is so cute. thanks for joining in at craft cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! hanks for joining TPE challenge!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn

    There is always somebody who has got to go one better - whoops sorry 4 better. Glad it was you and well done!!! I see you found a few of the new blogs like I did!!!

    Oh by the way .... I love your card. This image is gorgeous and I love how you have coloured it.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn, what a cute card. Love the image and the papers are perfect. Great layout and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic card thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Love it! Thanks for playing along with Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sooooooo cute! thanks for playing:)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card!love the cute image!

    thanks for joining us at creative friday!

    xoxo janina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute halloween card Dawn, love the scallops. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge . Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card. Such a variety of images - all of them sooo cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super cute image for a halloween card! Thanks for using it to play along with CCC this week

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a fantastic job using Lori’s sketch - she will love what you have done. It’s just so spooky and fun - love it.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. with your fab and fun card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute, the little devil riding a spider! Thank you for letting me visit. Thank you for playing along with Pile It On! this week.

    Jennifer PIO DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge & good luck.
    Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that's an impressive list of challenges. Great fun halloween card. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute! Love the colors. Thanks for playing with us on CCBJ!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dawn,

    Aw, what a cute little image! Thanks so much for joining us at TPE this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card, very spooky. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. ANesha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Dawn,Wonderfull halloween card i love it and go you 16 challenges that has to be a record well done :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for thinking of me.
    Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow dawn, so many challenges! A fantastic card, Devil Rider Billy looks great. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, it´s a supercute card! Especialy the spider!
    Thanks for joining Creative friday!
    Hugs
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Dawn You did a great job on this card!!! I love that image of Wendys!!!

    You are one of my winners of the Inktegrity Blog Candy on my blog stop by to find out how to claim your two free sets.

    Congrats,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Dawn, this is fab sistah! I love it. My goodness me darlin, how do you do it? all these challenges in one.

    Crikey Riley...hats off to ya!

    Luv Lisa.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. A great card for the halloween challenge. Thanks for joining in with our one stop craft challenge.
    Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super work!
    Great combo of challenges and thanks for playing at PIO this week!
    Katie

    PS, I have blog candy up for grabs!
    at Both Sides of the Paper

    ReplyDelete
  32. lovely, thanks for joining us on the ABC challenge this week, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fantastic card for our halloween theme this week, such a fab image. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  34. A gorgeous halloween card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the little details on the embellishments, fab card! Many thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers and good luck x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.