Pages

.

.

Saturday 24 October 2009

Sassy Designs by Susie - DT Call!!

What a great week I have had.  A couple of fab candy wins and also a couple of challenge wins.  I never thought I was a lucky person until I started blogging and now that all seems to have changed. 
So, with that in mind I thought I would have a bash at submitting a card for Susie's DT call over at Sassy Designs by Susie.  She is looking for just one DT member to join her wonderful team.  Click on the link and hop on over to Susie's for more details.
I based the card on the sketch at Sketch and Stash this week and rotated it - here it is below:

So....... without further ado this is the card I will be submitting, and.....guess what.........IT'S PINK!!!!

The card at the very back is a purplish mirri card, but I'm not sure this photo does it justice.  The two pink backing papers I have used are from the Crafter's Companion Vintage Christmas double CD.  I used a stunning Mo Manning image which I recently purchased from Mo's Digital Pencil which I have coloured in using watercolour pencils, a waterbrush and Sakura Gelly Glaze pens. 

The wings have been covered in pink glitter from my art glitter set "Butterfly" and the three snowflakes are from my stash and recycled from old Christmas Crackers!  The white ribbon down the middle is from my stash and I think this was also recycled from a gift box.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is also from my stash of bits and bobs.
The other challenges I will submit this card for are:
LaLa Land   -  Sparkle
Digital Tuesday - Things with Wings
One Stop Craft - Celebration (well Christmas is a celebration!)
Sketch and Stash - Sketch for challenge 21
So fingers crossed for the DT and all the other challenges too!
Please let me know what you think - it makes all the difference.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn, Love this card that image is gorgeous beautiful papers too good luck with going for a DT:)
    Hugzz Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Dawn I love pink and this is coloured to perfection , ideal colours for the Mo's image
    Thank you for entering my search for my new DT member
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,

    This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the image and the way you have coloured it. Those papers are perfect and I love a bit of bling!!!

    All the best with the DT call.

    Lots of hugs

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn!!! This is so beautiful!!! In fact, it's perfect! I LOVE it! Good luck with the DT!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many challenges and good luck with the DT application. A lovely bit of sparkle and thanks for joining in with our challenge at La La Land.
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card, the image is stunning, Thanks for joining us at digital tuesday, Lora x
    Ps, I have got some blog candy at the moment,Come on by and check it out

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card Dawn I love the sparkle on her wings thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, love the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday, Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous pink cards Dawn and good luck with the DT call!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely, girly card Dawn. This is my favourite little fairy and doesn't she look pretty in pink!
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely gorgeous Dawn!!!
    love this Mo image and you've colored her so beautifully!
    Thanks for playing along with us @ Digital Tue!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Love the papers and sparkle! Good luck with the call and thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love this Mo image..she is just so sweet...and add a little sparkle and she is extra special! thanks for joining us this week at La La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty! She is adorable! The sparkle and shimmer is so pretty! Good luck with the DT call! Thank you for joining us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute, cute, cute!! Love the sparkle!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Challenge!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.