Pages

.

.

Sunday 19 August 2012

Midway Reminder - Totally Tilda #53

Hello peeps,
Well I just popped in to remind you that you have about a week left to submit your entries for our latest challenge at Totally Tilda.
Don't forget the challenge this time is:
USE KRAFT CARD
********************
Remember our sponsor for this challenge is:

and the fabulous prize that Nikki is offering is:
******************
Now, before I show you my card for the midway reminder just let me tell you a little story.
It is a story of why you should never give up!!
This card started out as something completely different.
Well firstly I punched my background Kraft Card using my Martha Stewart PATP and stuck it to my base card.  Then I coloured my image and die cut it out using my nestabilities and die cut a larger frame for the background.  Then I put it to one side to finish off a commission card.
Well, this is when I discovered that my craft room rains in through the window!!!!!!!!
My craft room, for those of you who don't know is outside and one that my husband converted from our Shed. (He did a proper job mind - lined all the walls and everything, electrics the lot!!)
So when I came to complete the card, disaster!!!!!
The rain had got to the card which was on my desk.
The paper had got wet and the rain had made splashes over the red base die cut and this had splashed over the image die cut (though fortunately not on the image itself!!)
So, I thought, I've got to rescue this so decided to add some poinsettias where the splashes were!
Great idea!!  However, I decided to spray the flowers with my Spray and Sparkle which was great until I dropped the flowers onto my card!  Damn glitter everywhere!!
I decided to carry on and add the flowers cos the glitter brushed off once dry, then dropped the silicone side of the flower onto my image.  Then I had to wait for the silicone to dry so that I could rub it off the image!
The damn card looked crap - so I pulled all the elements off and started again with the base PATP Kraft card as my base and eventually out of disaster came this:
I think I have just about saved this from the big round card graveyard called THE BIN!!
That gorgeous red DP is from a new collection of Nitwit papers from Lili of the Valley.  There are 6 new pads to choose from and I was so naughty - I bought all six!!
Tilda is coloured with my Polychromo pencils and I have added stickles to her hat and muff.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid and the pearls are all from my stash, as are the two Christmas Trees which I sprayed with Gold Spray n Sparkle.  The little bit of fencing is from my blogging buddy Liz (thanks hun)
The tag is the Magnolia Bloomy Tag available at Sir Stampalot.  I have gone around the edges with my embossing pen and stamped a sentiment in embossing ink on the tag then embossed it with fine detail gold embossing powder.
The sentiment ribbon is, of course, from Crafty Ribbons and that shiny red bauble is one I have had in my stash for simply ages.
So there you have it folks - out of disaster came a pretty reasonable card.  I am so glad I didn't bin it and give up on it.

Challenges:
Crafty Ann's - Christmas in August

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn what a nightmare to get to the end result lol but its great when we can giggle about it lol !! Turned out super !! Love the PATP in Kraft and the reds on her are brilliant ! Love it ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Dawn, and even more so having survived such disasters.
    Well done on a superb rescue.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha crafty disasters are the worst! Glitter's not so bad though! Mine usually involve ink pads/promarkers being dropped on *just* finished cards lol... Your end result looks fab, and your sparkly flowers are gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge Blog :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. really lovely card, the image is fantastic and love the colours you have used, thanks for joining our challenge at My Mum's Craft Shop, hope to see you again, Gaynor xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card Dawn, I love that image of Tilda also the wonderful design and embellishments a super card.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.