Pages

.

.

Sunday 19 August 2012

Ice Cream and Pickles???

Hi all,
Well, so much for the hottest day of the year eh???  I wonder what qualifications you need to forecast the weather??  Not many it would seem!! LOL
Anyway, on to my post.
You will remember that I posted a card here a few days ago as a commission card for my daughter.  One of her colleagues is leaving to have a baby and so she asked me to make her a card.
Well, I made it and put it into the challenge at Bronte and Bella's Challenge - and guess what???  It only won!!  Woohooo!
Anyway, when I looked at it again I thought that perhaps it was a bit too "old" for a twenty something female so I went in search of other digital images that would fit the bill.
Lo and behold I found one - quite by chance whilst browsing through some blogs.
This is it:
Ice Cream and Pickles
It is called Ice Cream and Pickles and is of course from the fabulous Krista Smith at Saturated Canary.  Isn't it just perfect??
So, I set to and here is what I came up with:
The image is coloured with a mix of flexmarkers and copics and is cut out using my nestabilities. (I followed the skin and hair colouring tutorial on Debbie's blog to colour this image and I am really pleased with how it worked out so thanks Debbie).  I chalked the background with pale blue chalk to fit in with the DP's I had chosen.
Now normally I fit my papers around the image but this time I did it the opposite way around.
You remember I told you about those fabulous new Nitwits papers exclusive to Lili of the Valley??
Well, these are from another of those pads and this one is called Petal Fresh.  Aren't they just gorgeous?
The buttons are all from Crafty Ribbons as is the beautiful pale blue ribbon across the middle and the bow.  
**************
I followed the current sketch at Willow Sketchie but of course, because I'm a bit of a numpty I didn't read the challenge properly and you have to use Kraft card so I can't enter it there.  Hey ho - teach me to read things properly eh??? LOL

I think this one is much better suited to a Twenty something girl don't you??
***************
Challenges:
No Matter Which Challenge - Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge - Cute as a Button
Saturated Canary - Inspiration Photo 
 (I used the blue of the bike and the colours of the flowers and tree)

10 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Dawn...really love the new papers hun :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this image. Your card is gorgeous! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn, this is fabulous. I love the soft shades you have used and those papers are gorgeous. Krista's Images are fabby.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Dawn, love those papers and that image is gorgeous. I'm sure your daughters friend will love it. Thanks for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely perfect Dawn, beautiful colouring and design. I am sure she will be delighted with your card.
    Big Hugs
    Clare
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Dawn it looks so clean and fresh I love how you have coloured the image.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Dawn this is just stunning hun and I love it!!
    thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Dawn, so perfect for a twenty something mum to be - she'll be thrilled! Love this image and the LOTV papers, you've got great taste!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this time x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your soft sweet colouring :-)..thanks for sharing it with us over at Saturated canary..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.