Pages

.

.

Monday 21 February 2011

Less Is More - Week #3

You know what, I'm really enjoying these Clean and Simple cards since discovering the new challenge blog "Less Is More".  I have entered each challenge up to now and whilst my cards may not be the best it is giving me a new challenge and I'm loving it.  So onto week 3 of their challenge and this week is theme week and the theme is Spring.  Nothing says Spring to me than a lovely bunch of flowers in a vase - brings the outside inside - if you know what I mean.
So here is the card I made:
I printed the image directly onto the card this time and then coloured it in with Distress Inks and my Water Brush. 
The sentiment at the top was done on the computer but I'm not entirely happy with it really - just doesn't look like I wanted it to.  Still I guess practice makes perfect don't it?
The image was one I have had on my computer for ages and is from Sketchin Stamper (can't find a link for it - sorry).  I just think anyone would love a lovely vase of fresh flowers like this on their table - I know I would.  I hope you like my card - it would be nice to get some feedback so leave me some love before you go! 

22 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    It's great to see you again with another lovely submission! I love Chris Dark's images and this is a sweetie.
    I've really been enjoying painting with Distress inks... my current batch of card doesn't take kindly to Copics or Promarkers.
    Your vase looks fab... always difficult to colour clear glass!
    I quite enjoyed reading your rant on our blog and totally agree!!!!
    See you next week
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is gorgeous, not sure why you are not too keen? I am loving the freshness of the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Dawn and you're very brave to do it too. I love the style but could never do it this well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It`s a super card. Love the vase of flowers. I`m not in position to critisise anyone but maybe the sentiment could be slightly lower. It`s a lovely sentiment though.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn,
    Lovely card, I love the image and the way you have coloured it. Hugs
    Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn
    Super card, the yellow flowers are certainly very Springlike! Agree Chris does some FAB images

    Appreciate your moments..all of them!
    Hope to see you again next week
    mandi
    "LEss is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your vase of flowers and the beautiful way you have coloured them.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful image and sentiment - perfect for spring!! The card is really lovely.
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your card! There are some pretty neat embellished cards on blogs but you are right.. sometimes simple is better!
    The vase is simple but lovely. Your sentiment is just fine!
    Keep up the great work.. I'll be back to check out the next one!

    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful Dawn, fantastic colouring and I love the sentiment. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh hun this is just so classy,adore what you have done here,just amazing hun love hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card, such a pretty image and great sentiment. Thanks for your comment on my blog - I'm following you now and will pop back when I've got a minute to enter your candy :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love that vase of flowers and you colored it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww! This is gorgeous! Such a pretty image :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely vase of flowers and beautifully coloured. Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card...I love the sentiment and the image is perfect for spring...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous image beautifully coloured, and love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. The vase of flowers look so pretty. Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really pretty card. I love the flowers in the vase, they look so spring like. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this sentiment and the card is gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How beautiful , I love this challenge too, who could guess less can look so classy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.