Pages

.

.

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Less Is More - Take #2

I had so much fun making my CAS card for the Less is More challenge last week that I thought I'd give it another go this time.  This week's challenge is to do a One Layer Card using either a flower or a tree.  Now I have had this stamp for simply ages and have never found an opportunity to use it - until now.  So thanks Chrissy and Mandy for making me using my unused stash!
So here's the card I made:
The stamp is a Clarity Stamp as is the Snowdrop word stamp. 
I have coloured the image with metallic and watercolour pencils and have used a pale green chalk around the edge of the image. 
After I put the chalk on I used a cotton wool ball to wipe some of it off again and then sprayed it all with hairspray to seal the chalk.  I quite like this card and I hope you do too.  If you think you can't do CAS cards, you should give it a go - it really makes you think!
I shall also enter this card into the challenge at:
Instyle Stamps - Photo Inspiration (White and green)
Creative Cottage - Fabulous Florals

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful entry Dawn, that is a lovely image!
    Glad we were of service with your old stash!
    Thanks so much for entering for the second week running, hope you continue to come back every week

    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautifully elegant stamp and the sentiment has been really carefully placed and stamped.
    The chalking on the right hand side of the flower is very delicately done.
    Thanks for joining our challenge and we hope to see you again next week!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, I really want to try the less is more challenge but it is so hard.
    jenjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Dawn oh what a very stylish card thank you for joining us at the creative cottage hope to see you again hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Such a pretty stamp.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Dawn and fab use of flowers for our challenge at the Creative Cottage this week! Thanks for joining in the fun with us :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and so love your snowdrops. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow hun how classy is this just stunning,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! The image is beautiful - so elegant and delicate. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card very elegant.Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The metallic sheen really shows up well. Such an elegant card Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card, I love how you have coloured it, aren't the snowdrops such a joy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful and stylish card. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful, love the colouring and such a gorgeous image - one of my favourite flowers.

    hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.