Pages

.

.

Monday 29 November 2010

Sing a song of Christmas at Ooh La La

Another fortnight rushes on by and that means it is time for another challenge over at Ooh La La Creations.  Our last challenge was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and we had some fabulous entries.  Sadly some people misread the challenge and just entered ordinary Christmas cards.  Now they were all lovely cards but in order to make it fair, those people whose card didn't match the challenge were not included in the running for the Top 3.  This time it was my turn to choose the Top 3 and boy was it difficult.  The first time I looked I had a top 8 so I had to go back and whittle it down until I was left with just three.  I really wish I could have had a top 8 but alas it could not be.  Now I can't tell you here who my winners were so please pop in to the Ooh La La challenge blog and see who I chose as my Top 3 winners.

So, onto our next challenge which is: "CHRISTMAS SONG".  So for this challenge we want you to base your card or creation on a Christmas Song.  It doesn't have to be a Christmas Carol it can be any type of song associated with Christmas - the choice is yours.  Remember to mention in your post which song you chose (just in case it isn't obvious straight away) - thanks.
Right then, here is the card I made for this challenge and I used "Angels from the Realms of Glory" for my inspiration:
This image is from the new Christmas Presence CD (available now at the Ooh La La shop) and is called Christmas Angel.  I chose the pyramage image and backed it onto gold card.  The backing paper is one of the bonus papers from the same CD. 
The two ribbons across the middle are available from Crafty Ribbons and the flower and pearl stems are from my stash.  I added Crystal stickles to the rose to make it glisten.
I hope you like my card and please remember to stop by the rest of the DT and have a look at their fabulous creations - I just know you're gonna love 'em!
Have fun everyone and good luck.

3 comments:

  1. oh this is stunning hun what an amazing,card such a beautiful design,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn

    Beautiful card, love the image and background papers. gorgeous flower too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and classy , love those pearls xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.