Pages

.

.

Monday 1 November 2010

Ooh La La - Remember Remember

Well another fortnight rushes on by and that must mean it is time for another challenge at Ooh La La Creations.  I would just like to say thank you so much to all those of you who enter the challenges at Ooh La La - you are such a talented bunch.  Remember to visit the challenge blog and see who the top 3 were.
So onto the next challenge which is entitled:
REMEMBER REMEMBER
Now when I first saw the title of this challenge I thought about Bonfire Night but I couldn't settle on anything I was happy with so I went away and thought about it for a while.  Eventually I was flicking through the images on Watercolour Memories and saw the calendars and Bingo I knew what I was going to do.  So I printed off one of the large calendars for the month of January and placed a pink self adhesive star on the 18th.  That is the date of the birthday of a very dear friend of my Mum's and she had asked me to make a card for her to send so I combined the two ideas. 
The papers I have used are from the same CD from the Country Church 2 folder (as is the insert).  I used one piece of DP as the background and then cut two pieces from the other DP and matted them onto irridescent purple card.  I also matted the calendar on the same card. 
I added Mum's friend's name and a Happy Birthday.........
.......... and then finished off with some purple gems and a purple bow.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and I hope I have shown you that the theme doesn't just mean Bonfire Night (although if that's what you want to do you can - the choice is yours).
Please stop by the rest of the DT (links on the Design Team Page at the top) and have a look at their fabulous creations and I look forward to seeing all your wonderful entries.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Dawn this is just beautiful and the papers are TDF! I'll have to check out Watercolor Memories
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn

    what a brilliant idea, love it. I'm sure she will love it.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea! This is so pretty. Love it. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn, wow this is wonderful, the colours are so gorgeous, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.