Pages

.

.

Monday 8 November 2010

Die Cut Dreams - Door Hanger

Hello all, Monday once more sneaks up on us and that means it is time once again for another challenge at Die Cut Dreams.  Once again we were bowled over by your fabulous entries into last week's challenge of No colouring and featuring a heart.  There were some totally awesome entries which of course makes it hard to pick a winner and a top 3 but hey, we managed!! LOL  So remember to call in at the Die Cut Dreams challenge blog and see if you feature in our top slots.
So onto the new challenge and this time we want you to make a door hanger.  I don't make many of these but I really enjoyed this one and here it is:

The door hanger kit (which comes in three parts) is available from Die Cut Dreams along with an array of other wonderful goodies, so do go and pay a visit, mind you don't forget to take your purse 'cos I think you might just need it!!  My friend is due to have a baby in December and this will be for her (I'm making one in blue too just in case she has a little boy!!).
I have used a beautiful image from Magnolia called Baby Tilda - ain't she cute??? I buy my Magnolia's from Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Nikki has a fabulous selection of stamps and other wonderful goodies and her service is excellent - usually delivering the next day!!   The image is coloured with watercolour pencils and Sakura Gelly Glaze pen and I added some pink glitter to her little wings! 
I added a piece of white ribbon topped with a piece of pink ribbon diagonally across the hanger.  The sentiment on the bottom is done on the computer and I have added some silver peel offs around the edge.
The flower spray is made up from flowers I had in my stash.
The balloon in the top right is from a pack of buttons I bought ages ago and I just couldn't resist using it.  I added a ribbon top left from which I hung a little buggy charm.
I threaded a pearly string from the balloon and wound it across the hanger.   I finished off with some pink flat backed pearls.
So I can't wait to see your fabulous door hangers peeps, have fun and good luck.

5 comments:

  1. Another fabulous creation Dawn, love the baby Tilda - haven't seen this one before - Where have I been!!!

    HUgs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous. Now, I've got some of those somewhere!!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! This is beautiful! I could really do with one of these in blue :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Love the charm and the pearls too ...nice detail
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.