Pages

.

.

Sunday 7 March 2010

Something for the boys!

Good morning everyone.  I hope you are all well and enjoying this little bit of sunshine that we are having.
Today is the new challenge at Creative Inspirations and this fortnight we would like to see you make a birthday card for a male.  Now I think we all struggle a little bit with cards for our men folk don't we, and I have to say I am no exception to that rule.
So I decided I would use all the help I could get and went looking for a sketch first off.  I found one I liked at Artful Inkables and I have shown it below:
Then because I had an image of a boy already coloured I decided to use him on my card.  The image is called Troy and is by CJ at StampenwithCJ.  She is currently looking for somewhere to sell her stamps since the sad closure of Digital Ink Co so please bear with her a while.
So here is the card I made with Troy:
I coloured in the image with watercolour pencils and then used two shades of blue pearlescent chalk around the edges finishing the very edge with a blue ink pad. 
I used a sentiment which was a freebie from Paula at Pollycraft so thanks Paula.  I used blue card as my background and blue checked Stampin Up paper for behind the image.  Instead of a bow (shown on the sketch) I used a dragonfly because I thought this was a little more boyish.  It is a plain and simple card but I am actually quite pleased with how it turned out.  I hope you like it too.
I shall also enter the card into the challenges at:
Allsorts - Just for the Men
Lexi's Creations - Anything goes

5 comments:

  1. such a cool card. Love the colour! I'm so glad you joined the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dawn

    I think my cousins would love this card and Mum does too!!!

    Love doubletrouble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is cute. Lovely card Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dawn

    great card super image and the sentiment is perfect...x

    Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet sweet card, thanks for playing the AI Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.