Pages

.

.

Thursday 11 March 2010

Michu and his friend and a paperboat!

Hello blogland inhabitants - and how are we all today??  Well, I trust.
This is my second GDT card for Softpencil and this week we are using this super cute image of Michu, his friend and their paperboat and we were given a theme of embossing.
So firstly I decided to use the new sketch at MOJO Monday shown below:
And here is the card I made:
So -  I was having a clear up in my craft room and came across some neglected 12 x 12 papers that I had forgotten about.  They are so old I can't remember who made them or where I had them from.  Their colours were perfect for what I had in mind, so out they came. 
I coloured the image with promarkers and watercolour pencils and I double chalked the edges yellow and brown.  I used my Cuttlebug to do my embossing which you can see on the lemon panel on the left.  Each piece of DP, including the embossed panel and the image were layered onto tan coloured card.  I have also paper pierced around the edges of the base DP (although I'm not sure you can see it very well)
I added a peach coloured floral bow to the piece of embossed card to fit in with the sketch..
I will also enter this card into the challenges at:
Bee Crafty - Embossing
By The Cute & Girly - Spring is in the Air
Cupcake challenge - flower power
YNS Challenge and Blog Hop - Big Bow (Hope mine is big enough)
Stamp something - something girly
The Creative Cottage Challenge - New (Ribbon and image and cuttlebug)

20 comments:

  1. such a pretty card Dawn love the image and those papers, the ribbon is gorgeous to
    thanks for joining us this week at the creative cottage i hope you will join us again next week
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Dawn! I love these cute images!!
    Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge at The Creative Cottage!
    Good luck with the DT call!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card, love the embossing and that gorgeous bow! Thanks for sharing at BTC&G
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Dawn, love your take on the sketch. I LOVE her hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely card, beautiful colours;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so beautiful!! I really love that yummy ribbon!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh LOVE the colors you choose - so warm and inviting. Super cute card...you did a wonderful job with the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card hun, loving the big bow. Great colouring on the cat.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn ,
    Such fab card the image is soooo cxute love the layout too fab job with the sketch
    hugs judex:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Dawn, wow what a totally fabulous card hunny. I am loving this image and the fabulous detail you've added. Thank you for joining in with the Creative Cottage Challenge this week and good luck, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty card, love the satin ribbon! Thanks for joining us for the 1st challenge at The Creative Cottage ;)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a super lovely card, the colors are fantastic and that ribbon is wowza!!! Sorry been lax in getting around just been soooo busy with job hunting and trying to keep up with my DT work. I will try to do a better job! I appreciate all your sweet comments you leave. Your friend,
    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a very cute card. I like your fab ribbon.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card! That ribbon is just perfect for the LO! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and a perfect choice of colours...such a pretty delicate flower image...thanks for joining us at Cupcake :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute, lovely colouring. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Dawn, absolutely adore that ribbon.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous work, I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and thank you for joining us at YNS
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining our Big Bow challenge at Your Next Stamp Challenges! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.