Pages

.

.

Thursday 18 March 2010

Labyrinth of Love

Hello friends.
Today is my third posting for Elizabeth at Softpencil as a GDT and this week we were asked to use a gorgeous Digital Mandala stamp called Labyrinth of Love which is created by Elizabeth's very talented sister Natalia.  You can see more of these wonderful Mandalas at Softpencil so hop on over and take a look.
I used the sketch and Sunday Sketch and Stamp which I have shown below:
I printed out the mandala image several times in order to be able to layer it up on my card as you can see in the piccy below.
The image is coloured with three different shades of purple and one yellow promarkers.  You will notice that my backing paper is made up of several of the mandala images made smaller and printed out in black on pale purple paper to compliment the colours I have used for the main image.  The mandala backing paper is matted onto dark purple card.
I cut out four squares with my cuttlebug and added a flower shape to the middle of each one (again I used my cuttlebug to cut them out) and then added a soft lilac gem to the middle of the flower shape. 
I cut out six of the small hearts from one of the mandala images and used these for the two corners of the card.  I used a purple ribbon to go across the middle of the card.
Now that I have posted the card I can see that I missed off the sentiment - hey ho!!
So there you go, my latest GDT creation for Softpencil.  If you scroll up to my I Love Digi post you will see that I have also used this Mandala image in my DT project for their new challenge which also starts today.  Using different colours really makes the mandala stamp look totally different don't you think.   Next week is my last week and I will be back next Thursday with such a cute little image you won't want to miss it!!  So see you then!!

11 comments:

  1. You have done great projects with this image, and with this we used the same colours! Beautiful;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beautiful! I like it that you layered up the mandala. Very special.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hun

    Love the difference the colours make to the mandala, great idea with the ribbon on thsi card too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, I love the manalada background!!! And the card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mandala!
    Thanks for playing along with my sketch at SS&S.

    Hugs, Arianne
    SS&S team

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Love the layering1 So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love the layering of the image! VERY COOL!! I definitely want to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning! Very Celtic feel in this beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really great :)
    Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
    Mira =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Dawn!!! amazing 3d work! you worked hard and got a great card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Dawn,

    Congrats on all of your good news, and thanks for your kind words on my blog! I just wanted to welcome you to Create With Joy - I'm so happy you've become a Kindred Spirit!

    Hugs
    Ramona :-)
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.