Pages

.

.

Thursday 4 March 2010

I Love Digi - GDT Card

Hello all,
Well, I can't believe it is finally here - time for my first Guest Designer spot at I Love Digi.
You know before I started this blogging game I had never entertained the idea of Digi stamps let alone Digi papers and Digi sentiments - oh boy, am I glad I did.  My life has changed so much over the last 7 months and it is all thanks to blogging.
So without further ado, the challenge this week at I Love Digi is a sketch challenge with the added element of "A Card for Mum".
So first things first, here is the sketch you should work to this week:
You will notice that I have turned the sketch on it's side because this suited my image better.
Next job was to choose a digi image to use and I went for this one from In Style Stamps which is called Daisy and she is priced at $3.00.   I liked the fact that she was holding a flower - which obviously is for her Mum!
So here is the card I made using Daisy:
I decided to use Digi Papers from Digiscraps 3 and they are called Butterfly Kisses, I used two different papers both from the same collection.  Also the butterflies and the ribbon across the bottom were from Crafter's Companion - members downloads called Vintage Ribbons from March '09. 
I coloured my image using my Promarkers (just added some new ones to my stash courtesy of my Mum - thanks Mum), my watercolour pencils and a Tim Holtz Distress Ink called Tea Dye for her hair. 
I used pearlescent chalks in purple and pink to soften the edge of the image.  I then printed out a sentiment from my computer and added a border of butterflies to match the two on the card.
The only thing that isn't digital on this card is the purple card that I backed all my papers on to and that forms the backing for the whole card. 
We are very lucky to have Lexi from Lexi's Creations as our sponsor this week and you can see Lexi's creations at the Digital Ink Co store - well worth a visit.  So Thank you Lexi for sponsoring I Love Digi this week.

5 comments:

  1. Loving your card Dawn, the image is great and the colours are beautiful, love the little butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Dawn :) love the image and coloured beautifully :)

    Thanks for a super GDT creation for I ♥ Digi

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Dawn on your GD spot. You've certainly done a fabulous job on this one. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, so great to have you this time around! I love how you were creative and flipped the sketch! The butterflies are a sweet additon here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn

    I love it!! Great use of digis throughout. Love the butterflies.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.