Pages

.

.

Thursday 4 March 2010

Back with Softpencil for the month of March!

Ooh I was sooo excited when Elizabeth asked me to be Guest Designer for a second time at Softpencil.  I love her images, they are so easy to work with and so versatile.  Thank you Elizabeth for asking me - I am very honoured to have been asked back!
So without further ado on to the image for this my first Softpencil post of March 2010.  The image we were given to work with this week is called Lilly and she is just sooo cute.  So here is the card I made this week using Lilly.
I used the sketch over at One Stitch at a Time and this is shown below.  I changed the circle to an oval but you can still see the sketch.
I coloured the image using promarkers and a glitter pen and used a Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tattered Rose) to soften the edges of the white card. 
I added a ready made sentiment which I've had in my stash for a while but I'm pretty sure you can buy them at Hobbycraft.  The rose is again purchased at Hobbycraft and I thought it complimented the colour of the papers. 
The papers were from a K & Co paper pad called Classic K.  The sketch called for a Fancy Corner so I used a clear acrylic stamp from Barbara at Clarity Stamp called Leafy Corner and used this with a brown ink to again compliment the papers.  The papers are backed onto deep red card and I added a ribbon tie at the bottom to finish off.
I hope you like it.  Please pop along to all the other DT members (you'll find a list in my sidebar) to see their gorgeous creations and leave them (and me please) some love by leaving them a comment.
I shall also enter this card into the challenges at:
Magical Crafts - Something for Mum (I think this would be a perfect Mother's Day card)
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Mother's Day/Flowers
Allsorts - Something for Mum
Simon Say's - Mother's Day/Girly
See you all soon.

25 comments:

  1. Dawn this is ace hunny and well done on the GDT spot hun. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Please pop back on Sunday to check out the winners and our new challenge.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn for joining us girls over at OSAAT great take of the sketch and congratulation GDT position

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn, how sweet your card is and yes I agree, perfect Mum's Day card it is..colored beautifully and perfect take on the sketch..good luck
    hugz
    stitchy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Lilly's hair looks so real! Welcome back to Softpencil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Dawn, Lily is so cute and your colouring is fab
    Thanks for joining in at MCFC

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Dawn, welcome back to the team!! Love Lilly and her hair is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Dawn, love her hair!!! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS job on this card, love the sketch you used and your interpretation of it is AMAZING. So glad you are GDT at Softpencil this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, the image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dawn, thanks for joining us at OSAAT with this gorgeous card, fantastic colouring, and congrats on your GDT, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, that little girl is so sweet and what a lovely sketch, perfect for our challenge, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card I love the way you have made her hair so glossy looking and your papers are very pretty. Thanks for playing at Magical Crafts.
    Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Lilly is adorable! Love her glittery shoes!! Fantastic creation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty card, lovely image, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T.

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dawn

    THis is gorgeous hun, love the images too.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT Dawn, with your Fabulous card,great take on sketch too, hope to see you again soon
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A sweet card. lovely image and colour combo. Thanks for joining us this week at C.R.A.F.T Challenge. Good luck in the draw. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorjus card hun such a cute image love the sprakly shoes thanks for joining us at OSAAT hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful card Dawn! the colours, the sentiment, the papers and your coloring on her hair is perfect!

    Welcome to Softpencil DT again!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is perfect, such soft colours and a beautiful image! Thanks so much for joing us over at OSAAT, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Dawn ,, I love this image and your colouring is fantastic ,, her hair looks so lovely and shiny ! :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute card! Love the lay out.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  24. Other hat on hun
    .........
    Stunning creation,just love it great for mum very creative Thanks so much for joining MCFC this week

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week in our Mothers Day / Flowers challenge. Lovely image and papers! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.