Pages

.

.

Saturday 6 March 2010

Going Green??

Well, not really, I mean I try to do my bit for the environment but that's not what the title was about!  Got your attention though didn't it?
This card was to be my entry for the Digital Ink Co challenge for 8th March called St Patrick's Day but that is alas no longer in existence so I thought I would use it in order to enter a couple of challenges.  So without further ado here is the card I made:
I used an image by Donna at Lil Diva Stamps called Emily and I just coloured her in with promarkers and all shades of green pencil, markers and glitter pens.  I added some stickles glue to her buttons, the star and the middle of the flowers.
I used digital papers from Elemental Pixie and three green flowers from my stash. 
I also had a four leafed clover in my stash which I have had for an absolute age.
I used an old sketch from There's Magic In The Air because at the time I couldn't use a current sketch because I was making the card in advance in order to post on time.  So here is the sketch that I used:
I printed off a sentiment from my computer and just printed it in green ink and backed it onto the same card as all the other DP.  I used a green ribbon for across the top and down the side to fit in with the sketch.
I am quite pleased with the way this turned out and I hope you like it to.
I will enter this card into the challenges at:
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - Going Green
Quirky Crafts - Cute
Simon Say's - Girly
Alphabet Challenge - S for Stamping
Crafty Catz - Shades of Green (option - St Patrick's Day)
Creative Card Crew - Celebrations
Cute Card Thursday - Lucky Green

15 comments:

  1. Isn't that strange! I was just looking at this image!!! Lovely card, lovely sketch too, thank you for joining Quirky Craft's 'cute' challenge!! Pop over tomorrow and join in the new Challenge!!
    (Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Dawn, lovely image! And green is my favourite colour lol! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hun

    Love it and such a cute image.
    Yeh you have over 100 followers well done.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous St. Patrick's day card hun, many thanks for joining in with us over on the Alphabet Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Dawn, love it! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dawn
    A lovely card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done with my stamp hunni..I love the greens Hugs Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi...fabulous card, great image, Thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun card. Thanks for joining in this week's CCC celebrations - why not pop over to my blog, leave a comment and a link to enter my DT blog candy?
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dawn what a fab St Patricks day card.Thanx for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is awesome!!! I love all the green and bling!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!!
    Chris & the DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Dawn, thank you for joining in with the CCC challenge this week, loving youor St Patricks Day card hunny, very nice! good luck, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! I love the papers! Thanks for celebrating with us at CCC!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.