Pages

.

.

Friday 12 March 2010

Beautiful butterflies and shades of Grey.

Hello everyone,
Quick post from me tonight as I have a 21st Birthday Card to make for my daughter!!  I will post it over the weekend if I get time - she's really into Wolves (the animals not the football club!!) and I have just the right image for her card - more of that later!!
This is a card I have made for one of the many birthdays over at the RAK club.  I decided to use the current sketch at Papertake Weekly (another ace sketch Dawny) and I have shown this below:
Next I decided to use a Sugar Nellie image Gorjuss Girl sitting - and I coloured her in with different shades of grey watercolour and ordinary pencils. 
I used a sentiment from Raindrop Echo Designs and printed this off onto dark grey card.  I used some peel off butterflies in a couple of different sizes and stuck them to some acetate and then cut them out. 
I creased along the wingline so that they "popped up" and then stuck them to my card in several places. 
The "flower" is handmade using black and grey ribbon from Crafty Ribbons which I stitched along one edge and then gathered it up and stitched it into place - then fixed it with silicone glue.  The papers are from my stash and I came across them the other day whilst looking for something else!  I matted them onto grey card and then layered that onto light grey paper.  I also added a narrow piece of grey ribbon at the side of the sentiment.
The other challenges I will enter this card into are:
Saturday Challenge - Shades of Grey
Charisma Cardz - Beautiful Butterflies
Flutter by Wednesdays - Butterflies, Fairies or Angels (their 100th challenge)
Cute Card Thursday - Celebrations
Magical Crafts - Things with wings

17 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Simply stunning card. Your flower is amazing and such a fab idea. Great done in shades of grey - just love it to bits.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card - the grey really suits the image . I love that big flower
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and that flower is fantastic. I really like the way you have done it in shades of grey too
    Thanks for joining in at MCFC

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Dawn, great colouring and a fab layout, very pretty :)

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! Fabulous job! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Dawn, love your colour combo an as for that flower - wow! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, really unvery effective colour combo, its unusual but so effective love that image too, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card
    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow wow wow love those butterflies and as for the flower well it's just amazing.The receiver of this card is very lucky.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who would ever think a card done in shades of grey could be so absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww thanks for using my sentiment!! I'm honored to see it on your creation :)

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card such a sweet image and beautiful flower...thank you so much for joining in the fun with us at PTW this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for joing MCFC good luck in the draw great card

    liz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is stunning! I love the monochrome and fabulous butterflies
    Thanks for joining as at Charisma Cardz
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. your flower is gorgeous, I have been making some myself! Your card is stunning! Grey is hard and you made it effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Dawn what a beautiful card you have made grey scale come alive and really pop
    I love your colouring and the sentiment is fab I will have to go and check them out over at Raindrop Echo design , I've not seen them before
    Thank you for all your lovely comments you have been leaving me you are so kind
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.