Pages

.

.

Monday 8 March 2010

Ooh La La Creations - DT card - Anything Goes

Hello again everyone.
Are you ready for another challenge over at Ooh La La Creations?  Oh, I'm glad because this week the world is your oyster as the challenge for this fortnight is "Anything Goes" so you can let your creative juices flow.
This is my first challenge as a permanent DT member and I am so thrilled to be part of the team.  So without further ado here is my card for this week's challenge.
I have used the Baby Dragon selection from the Teentastique CD (which you can buy at the store) because I thought he was soooo cute I just had to use him in something.  The backing papers are also from the same section of the CD. 
I went for the pyramage because I love using pyramage on cards.  I backed this onto some sparkly lilac card and used the same card for the two squares. 
I used an old Papertake Weekly sketch as the basis of my card because I liked the layout.  The spotty paper actually picks out the spots on Baby Dragon's body (I'm sorry my photo's don't show it brilliantly - I forgot I had printed the images on shiny card and the flash reflects!!) 
I added a sentiment on a scalloped circle and added a small purple bow to that. 
Then I added a lilac polka dot ribbon at the bottom to compliment the dots on the DP. 
The whole lot is backed onto dark purple card cut down from an A4 piece of card. 
I also went for an inner on this one so that it all tied in and then - just for good measure used two Baby Dragon images and added them to the card inner too.  Now I know I said it came from the Teentastique CD but I think this would be suitable for any age - don't you?  If you don't have any of the Ooh La La CD's then you really should pop along to the store and have a look at what is on offer - there's so much more than CD's.  If you want to try before you buy then have a look at the fabulous freebies they have for you to use, especially the brand new ones from the new CD - Ab Fab or what??!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn

    Love the little dragon, isn't it nice to be able to coordinate things and do a proper inside!!!
    Congratulations on the permanent post hun. You deserve it.

    Loads of hugs Ali x

    Thanks for supporting Alex too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawns congrats on your pemanent post you so deserve it. I can't get over how cute that little dragon is and loving that detail inside very pro.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Dawn! Thank you so much for the lovely card and book mark!
    I just wanted to let you know that I left something for you HERE
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is soooo creative how you did the outside of this card and congrats on the DT position!!!! again what a beautiful bow. You must have found a great stash of ribbon. I have not been so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.