Pages

.

.

Sunday 7 March 2010

A hint of the orient!!

I might just make this post in time to submit this card to the challenges I had planned.  Honestly, where does the time go to???
Anyway, the challenge over at Sophisticat this week is Oriental and I just had to use this little image called Japanese Girl from Softpencil because I think she is just too adorable for words.
I have coloured her in using promarkers, watercolour pencils and Sakura Gelly glaze pens.  The purple card is from a pack of embossed card I bought from Readicut ages ago and the paper is from a Paper Cellar pack - Black and White.
The pink flowers are handmade using my flower cutters that came with my Cuttlebug and I added a gem into the middle for interest. 
I layered them in in two different colours and two different colour ways so that I could use two different gems.
The little pearls are from a RAK and I thought they just finished off the card nicely.
I used an old sketch from Papertake Weekly by Dawny P which I flipped onto it's side.  Dawny has all her sketches in one place, so if ever you are looking for one and can't find one that fits your image perhaps you should go take a look - Thanks Dawny)
I will also enter this card at One Stitch at a Time where the challenge is a colour combo of pink and purple.

14 comments:

  1. Wow that was quick Dawn hunny lol. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.
    Great card hun and its a lovely little image too.
    Take care
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Dawn, love that image. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn

    I lurve the flowers - glad the cuttlebug has arrived. Great image and the black and white paper is perfect for the theme.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card cute image and i love the flowers. Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card cute image and flowers, Thanks for joining us at OSAAT good luck in draw
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful little image there hun great card and thank u for joining in OSAAT

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn this is just stunning, such great colours for this image. Thank you so much for playing along at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such a cute card! Thanks so much for joining us over at OSAAT this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Card Dawn! (Readicut do have some lovely surprises in their paper mix, don't they!!) Thank you for playing the OSAAT's Purple and Pink Challenge! Hope to see you next time too!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorjus card love the image,too thanks for joining us over at OSAAT hope to see you again soon hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Card hun....Good luck in the Challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dawn, what a cute little card, that image is adorable and your coloring fab of course..Thank you for joining us at OSAAT, good luck!!
    hugz
    stitchy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Dawn, love the image that you have used :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh such a cute card! Thanks so much for joining us over at OSAAT this week :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.