Pages

.

.

Tuesday 16 February 2010

A woman's work is never done!!!!

So we just have to fit it in around our crafting as best we can!!!!
Seriously folks, I thought the post title summed up this little image I have used from Stitchy Stamps called Chores which you can purchase at the Digital Ink Co store for $3.00
Now I based my card on the sketch over at Sketch Saturday (which I have used before and I liked it so much I decided to use it again!)
First off I coloured her in using ordinary pencils and my La Plume markers (thanks Jude!!)  I used pearlescent chalk around the edge of the image to soften it. 
I layered this onto an old disused CD (not a craft one obviously!!)  I added a ribbon hanger to the CD and added a sentiment bottom left. 
I added a handmade flower from some peel offs stuck to red paper and two other smaller flowers from my stash. 
Instead of using paper or strips of ribbon for the three little lines I decided to use two small bows and 1 peg in the appropriate colours.  The pale lavendar DP is from a Hot off the Press paper pad called Amethyst and the checkerboard red paper is from a Crafter's Companion CD (I think - printed it off ages ago and now can't remember which CD it's from).


So the challenges I will enter this card into are:
Sketch Saturday - sketch as shown above
Play Date Cafe - Red/Lavender and Silver
Saturday Spotlight - Around the House - Use an everyday household item (not a craft item)
Digital Tuesday - All things girly (well it is called A Woman's work!!!)
I'd love to know what you all think of this card my friends so please if you pop in for a look see please leave me a comment.
Huge hugs to you all.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn
    This is just stunning, love the image and the flowers are beautiful,
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I love this!

    Great work hun!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Dawn! Think it works perfectly for the Digital Tuesday Challenge! Great entry! Hugs, Anjou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn

    You are a busy bee, love how you have used the CD. Those pegs are a great idea.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Dawn, I have just finished colouring in the very same image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful idea! I love how you used it here on your card! So creative!
    Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great. Love all those flowers. Thanks for joining us on the Digital Tuesday challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just gorjuss!!! How very true a womans work is never done. In fact I think I have some ironing to do. Thanks for reminding me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great thinking to use the CD! Beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight ... we do hope to see you again next week!!
    And, if you're interested, I'm offering blog candy on MY BLOG ... feel free to come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really great Dawn. We are so glad you joined us this week at Saturday Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful creation and a great take on the Around the House Challenge at Saturday Spotlight!! Thanks for joining us this week! What a creative idea!! Sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dawn couldn't agree more got about 3 hours of ironing with my name written all over it.

    fab card and great sketch which I just so happen to use for hubby's valentines card.

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wo your card is very pretty !!!!
    thanks for your visit in my blog !!!
    your are the first in my blog candy !!!!
    Hugs COCO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look at my blog. I love to read your comments so please don't forget to leave one and let me know what you thought.
Have a fabulous day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.